The Life of Oprah Winfrey
The History of The Most Rich AfroAmerican of the century !
Her Early Life
*Oprah Winfrey was born in January 29, 1954, living in a small farm community in Kosciusko, Mississippi with her mother Vernita.
*She was sexually abused during her adolescent stage of life by male relatives of her mother.
*Then she moved into her father, Vernon's house and started to do well in school and read books from her father's motivation.
* And then started working in a small radio station before she was famous.
* She got her education at Tennessee University
* Her siblings are Patricia Lee, Patricia Lloyd, and Jeffery Lee
What Oprah Is Famous For
*Oprah is famous for being a philanthropist, talk show host, television producer and film maker
* The talk show she hosts is the Oprah Winfrey Show.
*Her company is Harpo Productions (it's called Harpo because it's Oprah spelled backwards).
* She started by creating the Oprah Winfrey show for a full hour and broadcasted nationally in September 8, 1986.
This is Oprah Winfrey during the time she was young.
Oprah Winfrey during her years of college.
Oprah Winfrey now.
Oprah Winfrey's Networth
* Oprah Winfrey's network is approximately 3 million USD this year
*She has been earning this money through her TV Show and self made
* Her sales are worth 90 thousand USD
* biography.com *biography.yourdictionary.com
EXTRA INFO / FUN FACTS
*She was named Oprah from the biblical character of the Book of Ruth
* When she was young she was nicknamed "The Preacher" because she had an ability to recite bible verses
* Her mother was an unwed teen
* In the age of 17 she won the Miss Black Tennessee beauty pageant
*She was so poor as a child she wore glasses made of potato sacks
* Oprah Winfrey is 8% Native American and she found out through a DNA test on a PBS show called African American Lives
*Oprah Winfrey had a child at the age of 14 but he died as an infant
This information was found in inc.com