Preschool General Information
Blended Early Learning Program
Itasca School District 10 offers two programs. The morning session (Pre-Kindergarten) is intended for those children who will be 4 on or before September 1st of the upcoming school year. The afternoon session (Preschool) is intended for those children who will be 3 on or before September 1st.
The Pre-K program is a Blended Program. It combines general education students who pay a program fee with diverse learner students who have an IEP.
- Pre-Kindergarten (4 year olds): Mornings from 8:45am - 11:15am
- Preschool (3 year olds): Afternoons from 12:30pm -3:20pm
- District 10 is not a ‘preschool for all’ school district.
Teaching and learning in Itasca District 10 leads students to be active curious learners. We foster an early childhood environment that nurtures all to be problem-solvers & nurtures the whole child approach. We are proud of our early childhood program and a sample day includes the below opportunities.
Classroom day includes regularly scheduled activities like:
- Arrival & Question of the Day/Classroom Meeting
- Gross motor movement
- Table work focused on academic skills
- Fine motor skill building
- Circle Time
- Small Group Centers
- Gym/Playground Exploratory Play
- Tuition for preschool programs is paid in 3 installments currently ($850 installment for the 2022-2023 school year), should a family not be able to pay in that installment amount a payment plan may be arranged with the school district as a financial accommodation.
- Fee waivers or fee reductions may not be granted for tuition based students as the program is not required and elective.
- Students with significant needs that necessitate an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) do not pay tuition for this blended preschool program
- Students who only have speech IEP may not qualify for tuition-free
Calendar & Evaluation Information
Our program will follow District 10 school calendar, approximately 5 Fridays off per school year for early childhood education evaluations, afternoon preschool does not conduct classes on early release Wednesdays
Early intervention evaluations will be conducted in time for the child to receive services on their 3rd birthday
Classroom design & enrollment is based on current projected need of learners
Transportation to and from school by guardians is required for all tuition-paying students and transportation will be evaluated with IEP team for all other diverse learners
While attending the Benson Primary Early Childhood Program, your child may also be eligible for therapy services related to his/her special needs, including:
Social work or counseling
Preschool Presentation & Contact Information
Please contact Jason Taylor at 630-773-0554 for additional information or questions.
Please go to benson.itasca10.org link to sign up for the lottery for next year