This Week at AES
1/11 - 1/15
This Week at a Glance
- School Mall Kick-off
- Student Voice Survey Window Opens
- Whole Group Lighthouse Meeting
- Christ Club
- Staff Meeting: WLES/AES Learning Meeting at WLES
- No Special Events Planned
- Bluegrass Performance 8 am Caleb out PM
- 4th Grade Town Meeting
- Assistant’s Meeting in Barbara’s Office 12:30
- House Meeting until 1:45 -- House Assembly (will be called to the gym)
Thank you Tina Jennings for your countless hours of planning and video recording to create a truly differentiated self-paced environment for your students.
Thank you Amy Haycraft for your tremendous dedication and hard work. You set extremely high expectations for your students while supporting and encouraging them to become the best versions of themselves.
Thank you Heather Nally for your determination to share your passion for reading with students. I appreciate your willingness to provide student access to several of your personal books.
I have been asking students if they read the prior night each morning. This week I challenge each of you to ask 2 students a day to “Tell you about what they have read?”
If every staff member did this each week, we could potentially be encouraging everyone of our students to read each week.
Notes for the Week
This Week is a Intermediate Guidance Week
- This week is a Real Hacienda Jean Week. $6 for Jeans and $5 for the lunch. $10 for Both. Please pay cash in the office.
- As a PLC start working on your timeline to complete these items prior to April 30th :
- Development and Implementation of 1 Science Unit
- Implementation of Lucy Calkins Unit
- Examine current Essential Standards: Add standards that you believe are Essential to your grade level and Remove standards that your grade level do not believe are essential.
- Examine ELA and Math Standards and determine which non-essential standards are Secondary and Tertiary. Achieve the Core’s Major Works of the Grade should be used for Mathematics.