Nov. 18 - 22
Message from the Principal
Thank you to our families who joined us on Veteran's Day for our third grade program. We are so proud of our students and are grateful for the sacrifices and service from our Veterans and their families. We also celebrated World Kindness Day on Wednesday, Nov. 13 by wearing our favorite cardigans and completing Random Acts of Kindness throughout the building. We had a record number of students earn a "Good News Call of the Day" this week too!
Grandparents Breakfast - Important Reminders
- Children and grandparents should arrive at school at 7:15 on their designated day.
- Children attending breakfast should NOT ride the bus to school.
- Breakfast will be served 7:15-7:45.
- Following breakfast, grandparents are welcome to get pictures taken with their child as Candid Color Photography will be here for those interested. Order forms for photos will be available at breakfast.
- Grandparents must remain at school with their grandchildren until 8:00 am. They are allowed to visit classrooms beginning at 7:45 am and must remain with their grandchildren until 8:00 am - teachers are not expected to report to class until this time.
November is College and Career Readiness Month
November 20th: College Gear or Colors -(Wear the gear or colors of your favorite college)
November 21st: Career Dress up - (Dress up as the career you’d like to have when you grow up.)
November 22nd: Your Future Starts Now: (Bulldog Spirit Wear)
Be sure to stop by and check out our new "Lost and Found" - a huge thank you to the Terrill family for their donation to Grange Hall!
November 11- General PTA Meeting
6pm in the cafeteria.
What's on the Table Topic: 3rd Grade Veterans Program
November 11- Last day to order Grandparents Shirt
November 11- Last day to order Spiritwear
Spiritwear store now open. It will be open until November 11th. Attached is flyer. https://grangehallspiritwearfall19.itemorder.com
November 20-22 Grandparent Breakfast
Wednesday, November 20th, Child's Last Name: A-G
Thursday, November 21st, Child's Last Name: H-N
Friday, November 22, Child's Last Name: O-Z
PTA Reflections Contest Winners
Reflections GHES winners in Primary (K-2) and Intermediate (3-5):
Primary-Literature AND Musical Composition
*Lily Grace Schofield
Calendar of Events
November 18 - 22 - Food Drive benefiting Chesterfield County Food Bank
November 20, 21, 22 - Grandparent's Breakfast - 7:15 am - 7:45 am
11/20 - Last names with letters A-G
11/21 - Last names with letters H-N
11/22 - Last names with the letters O-Z
November 21 - Make-up Picture Day
November 22 - Turkey Trot - during resource class
November 25 - Schools closed/Parent-teacher conferences - 11 am - 7 pm
November 26 - Schools closed/Parent-teacher conferences - 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
November 27 - 29 - Schools closed for Thanksgiving break
Gifted Referral deadlines are as follows:
- October 15 - students currently in grade 5
- December 15 - students currently in grades 2-4
- March 15 - students currently in KG or grade 1
Donors Choose Projects @ GHES
Are you or do you know someone who is looking for a way to help out our students? Check out the donors choose projects that our teachers and students would like to bring to GHES: