the alabama legislative branch
by destiny patrick
- The characteristic function of all legislative is the making of laws.
- legislative then are not simply law making bodies.
- the legislative is responsible for drafting the states budget and proposing new laws.
- the united states government has three branches.
- the legislative branch is the congress.
- the word congress means ''to come together.''
- elected officials representing their home states come together at the capitol in Washington ,D.C , the nation's capital city.
- three are many committees.
- The legislative branch of a government holds the power to make laws.
- In the united states congress is the legislative branch.
- Congress also has the power to declare war.
- Alabama's legislative are elected to four-years terms from the states 35 senatorial districts and 105 representative districts.
- a few legislative agencies like the libray of congress , help congress in its work.
- A new law states out a document called a bill.