Prakhar Tangri's English Portfolio
6 Word Memoir
Bingo Assignment 1: 10 Rules For My Utopian Society.
1. Everyone shall be provided with basic necessities of modern day life, such as food, water, shelter, and clothing, regardless of socio-economic status.
2. There shall be a strong governmental presence that should comfort and help residents. The government should not be "all-powerful" but still be effective enough to satisfy EVERYONE'S ETHICAL/SENSIBLE/NECESSARY/RELEVANT NEEDS.
3. There should not be a race of people that obtain more positive or negative attention over another. All races of people should be treated equally, and prejudice should not be existent within the realm of said society. Biases on important political issues in all categories shall be eradicated.
4. Cameras with both audio and video should be implanted on law enforcements vehicles, to stop corruption, within the realm of law enforcement.
5. Security systems, all very technical, shall be implemented in each household, store, or any other entity that has a possibility of being restricted from material that is commercially being sold, to stop crime.
6. Guns or knifes should not leave one's household, and should solely be used for self-defense or other means. If one is caught with weapons that can cause fatal harm outside of their home, they will be severely punished, to enforce and compound this rule.
7. The maximum prison/jail sentence for crimes other than murder shall only be up to 21 years, in a facility that promotes peace, with counselors to discuss and help with issues. The prison is well-fournished, but effectively deprives inmates from freedoms.
8. Leaders shall be selected to govern the county. Representation shall be granted by a ratio of every 10 people being represented by 1 leader. New Leaders should be elected every year.
9. Education shall be promoted well, to push a successful generation of people, and uniqueness shall be admired.
10. Nobody shall be restricted from expressing one's opinions over political issues. All requests shall be considered by a dedicated pool of people that will in turn try their best to push any sensible policies.
1984: Casting Actors and Actresses for a movie version - Pictures Below
2. Julia, should be casted as Kate Winslet, for she played as Rose in the movie "Titanic" even though the atmosphere around her deemed her relationship with Leonardo, or Jack irrelevant, however she still manages to create a safe haven to where she could pursue her love. In the book "1984" her love interest is Winston Smith, the Protagonist.
3. O'Brien, should be casted as Heath Ledger (R.I.P), for he played as the Joker in the movie "The Dark Knight" because he garners a mysterious presence around himself, and in the book O'Brien comes off as just that, a mysterious character in general.
4. Big Brother, should be casted as Donald Sutherland, for he played as President Snow, in the movie and book known as "The Hunger Games" an oppressive leader, who controls a dystopian society, like Big Brother is in the book.
5. Mr. Charrington should be casted as Scott Wilson, who played as Hershel in the TV series "The Walking Dead" for he facilitated Winston' s vision, out of the kindness of his heart, similar to Hershel in the walking dead.
6. Syme, should be casted as Robert Downey Jr. because Robert Downey Jr. acted in the movie "Sherlock Holmes" he is a very smart and sharp character, similar to Syme in the book "1984."
7. Parsons, should be casted as Matthew Lewis, for he played as Neville Longbottom, in the movie "Harry Potter" for he is an obnoxious dorm member in the movie, similar to Parson, an obnoxious party member in the book "1984."
8. Emmanuel Goldstein, should be casted as Mark Pellegrino, who played as Jacob in the TV series "Lost" Jacob is a legendary character who is the protector of the island, but is perceived as nonexistent, similar to Emmanuel Goldstein, who is a legendary yet a nonexistent character in the book "1984."