Cranberry Commodity in Wisconsin
What do Cranberries look like?
Where do Cranberries Originate?
What is the life cycle of Cranberries?
The McFarlin cranberry was discovered in 1874 by T.H. McFarlin (S. Carver, Massachusetts).
The Stevens cranberry was discovered in 1940 by H.F. Bain (Whitesbog, New Jersey).
Ben Lear Cranberry
The Ben Learn cranberry was discovered in 1900 by D.R. Burr (Berlin, Wisconsin).
When were Cranberries domesticated?
What unique terms are associated with Cranberries?
Products made from Cranberries...
2) Wine - Flavor
3) Dye - Color things Red
4) Soaps - One of the many kinds
5) Decorations - Normally during Christmas time but you can really use them whenever if you would like
Facts about Cranberries...
2) There are only 5 stats know for growing cranberries - Massachusetts, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Oregon and Washington
3) Cranberries have small air pockets in them... which is what makes hem float
4) Only about 5% of cranberries are sold fresh while the rest are turned into cranberry juice, sauce, etc
5) One cup of cranberries is about 50 calories
How many acres do Cranberries take up in Wisconsin?
How much cranberries are grow in Wisconisn?
Where do Cranberries many grow in Wisconsin?