Welcome 6th Grade for 2021!
Edgemont Junior High
Welcome to Edgemont!
The purpose of this newsletter is to get our students ready for the first day. Please take a look at the information below as well as the Back to School 2021 newsletter that went to all families. That newsletter can be found using this link.
Student Connection Day - September 1st
- Date: Wednesday, September 1st
- Time: 7:20-11:20 am
- Location: Edgemont Junior High
- Transportation: Bus transportation will be provided for those who will normally ride the bus
- Format: Students will attend all 6 of their classes during the day. At each place they will meet their teacher and learn about different parts of the school
Please note that lunch will not be served on this day. We ask that students attend the entire event.
Student Computers and the Puyallup Protection Plan (P3)
Payment for the P3 can be made at the school or at EZSchoolPay using this link.
1st Day of School
School starts at 7:20 am and students will attend all six of their classes including homeroom and lunch. It will be a busy day of welcoming activities, school orientation, expectations, and academic work. Staff will be on hand during transition times to help students get to the places they need to go throughout the day. Finally, school will end at 1:50 pm.
We look forward to seeing all of our new 6th graders!
Important Dates to Remember
Here are some important dates to be aware of as we approach the start of the school year:
- Monday/Tuesday, August 30 and 31 - Athletic clearance from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 1 - Student Connection Day - 7:20 am - 11:20 pm (more information above)
- Thursday, September 2 - First day of school!
- Monday, September 6 - Labor Day - no school
- Thursday, September 9 - School pictures
- Thursday, September 9 - Back To School Night - 6:30 - 7:30 pm