Strong is The Way To Go!
VOTE FOR MOST VALUABLE WOMAN OF THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR!
Choose the strongest! Vote Anna Strong.
Anna was a member of the Culper Spy Ring. She was able to warn George Washington in time to tell him of British Troops that were advancing near Long Island and New York City.
What was the Culper Spy Ring?
It was a spy network that alerted George Washington of British information and movements during the Revolutionary War.
Yet another Accomplishment
To warn neighbors of the British, Anna used her laundry arrangement while she also hid Caleb Brewster. He was also a member of the Culper Spy Ring.
- Born on April 14th, 1740 and died August 12th, 1812.
- She was descended from colonial elites.
- Anna was closely related to the members of the Culper Spy Ring.
- Her husband was a leading patriot judge and he got arrested on New York Harbor.
- Officials were bribed by Anna to parole her husband to Connecticut and spend more time with family.
- Selah, her husband, and Anna had a child named George Strong.
- She is buried in the Graveyard of Strong's Neck.