What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we are doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what is going on around us.
5 Benefits of Mindfulness for Kids:
- Mindfulness allows you to better observe thoughts, feelings and body sensations. Often we think about something rather than experience it.
- Through mindfulness, you begin to notice very fine details in what you are observing. This, in turn, can be applied to emotions,
- Mindfulness allow you to consider your whole experience. This gives you the ability to focus fully on the activity or task.
- With mindfulness, you are able to develop a non judgmental stance. This is challenging, but can help to bring a kind and gentle curiosity to your experience when practiced.
- Using mindfulness allows you to better focus on one thing at a time. While distractions do occur, practicing "being present" will help to return to your experience.
KIDS MEDITATION - BUTTERFLY BODY SCAN