King Elementary School Read Alouds
A King Connections Special Edition- Volume VI
All Smore newsletters can be translated just by visiting the newsletter link and scrolling to the bottom. (Click "Translate" in the black bar.)
Puede traducir a su idioma todos los boletines informativos de Smore. Para ello, siga el enlace del boletín y baje hasta la parte inferior del mismo y haga clic en la palabra "Translate" que aparece sobre fondo negro).
Todos os boletins Smore podem ser traduzidos apenas clicando no link do boletim e percorrendo a página (Clique "Translate" na barra preta).
Dear King Families
Volume VI of our Read Aloud Special Editions is here with SEVEN new stories!! We hope you enjoy. Also check out the wonderful new links I have added below of authors, celebrities and even astronauts reading great books!
In honor of Poetry Month last month, I am including my King acrostic poem. If any students would like to submit theirs for publication, email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The King Team!
Live Read Alouds and Activities from Children's Authors and Illustrators! Livros lidos e atividades de autores e illustradores! Libros leídos y actividades en vivo de autores e ilustradores!
Other educators, as well as celebrities and even the authors themselves, have offered some read-aloud gems for kids of all ages to enjoy. Here are just a few:
- R.J. Palacio, author of Wonder, has a read-aloud of the first chapter available on YouTube.
- Josh Gad, the voice of “Olaf” from the Disney Frozen movies, is reading books aloud on his Twitter feed.
- Country star and Imagination Library founder Dolly Parton is hosting a “Goodnight with * Dolly” story time on the Imagination Library Facebook page, Thursday nights.
- We Are Teachers put together the great, big list of more than 50 authors doing online read-alouds of their books and other activities.
- YouTube channel Storyline Online has tons of celebrities doing read-alouds, from Betty White to Rami Malek to Oprah.
- Nonprofit Unite for Literacy offers read-alouds in both fiction and nonfiction in multiple languages.
- KidLitTV offers both video and podcast read-alouds.
- NASA astronauts are doing Storytime from Space.