NHS Band & Guard
Music Rehearsals Begin July 5th!
We understand and encourage members to go and enjoy their summer vacation.
If you are in Newtown, however, we expect you to be at scheduled rehearsals.
The summer music rehearsal schedule is noted below and can also be found on our website (along with the fall schedule): http://newtownbandandguard.weebly.com/
If you would like, you may also add/view our Google Calendar by clicking here.
Plan to arrive at each practice at least 15 minutes before scheduled time.
- Full Band & Guard Practice: 5pm - 8pm on Wednesdays: 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26, 7/30, 8/02, and 8/09
- Brass Sectionals: 5pm - 8pm on Mondays: 7/10, 7/24, and 8/07
- Woodwind Sectionals: 5pm - 8pm on Mondays: 7/17 and 7/31
- Drum Line, Pit & Guard Sectionals: 5pm - 8pm on Mondays: 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31, and 8/07.
These dates and times may be adjusted as needed... please ask your section leaders for clarification.
- The NHS Color Guard will not be holding a Rifle Camp this summer; scheduled summer practices will be utilized as Fall Guard rehearsals.
- August 4, NHS Band & Guard is thrilled to welcome the Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps for a day of rehearsal followed by a full ensemble show from 6pm-9pm; mark your calendars, you won't want to miss it!
- You will receive a detailed email in the coming weeks about Summer Band Camp in August... but you should note that there has been a change to rehearsal times for the first week (August 14-18) will be 8am-12pm and 4pm-8pm.
- We will be traveling to Philadelphia from October 6-8 for the U.S. Bands Yamaha Cup... and Saturday, October 7 is a possible test date for those of you who need to take the SAT this fall. Please consider scheduling your test for either August 26th or November 4th so you don't miss the trip!
- October 28: The Northeast States Championship will be held in New Britain at the CCSU Campus.
- November 4: The US Regionals will also be held in New Britain, but at Veterans Memorial Stadium.
- Our end-of-season banquet will be held on Monday, November 13.
Blue Band Box Reminder
Program Ads, Deposits, & Membership Forms can all be put in the blue band box that is in the band room... Just ask any band or guard member where it is!
When using the Blue Band Box please put whatever you are dropping off in an envelope with a label or the contents written on the outside so we can get it to the correct person, for example: "Program Ad", "Deposit Check", "Merchandise", etc.
Have a Question?
There's always an answer... Feel free to contact your parent buddy or any NHSBPC board member below:
- Todd Keeping, President: 203-417-7046(c)
- Lisa Wallace, Vice President: 203-231-3893 (c)
- Lisa Keeping, Treasurer: 203-417-7047 (c)
- Joanie Minor, Recording Secretary: 203-536-2151 (c)
- Pia Ledina, Corresponding Secretary: 203-313-4361 (c)