1-1 Professional Development
April 2015 Bellarmine Preparatory School
Summer Academy 2015
The Theme the 2015 Summer aAcademy is:
Making Learning Visible: Student- Centered Learning
- Save the dates:
- August 6-7 Thursday-Friday ($150 per day)
- August 19-20 Wednesday- Thursday ($150 per day)
- August 26 Practical Applications (optional drop in)
- The Professional Development Team is working towards providing workshop, table discussion, and sandbox opportunities for all faculty as we approach our 3rd year as a 1-1 school and our second year of all students having iPads.
- This is an exciting time to teach and learn.
Please join our leaders of TLC in the library as we close the year with some hot topics. Watch for the email from the instructor and mark your calendar to go. Clock hours are available.
- Kahoot---April 27-May 1---Ken Brown
- Wordpress--May 4- May 8 ---Jeanne Hanigan
- Google Hangouts/ Skype--May 11- May 15 ---Aaron Rogers
- Explain Everything--May 18-May 22 Ginny White
- Flipped Classroom Introduction-- June 1-June 5 Tony Rehberger
Professional Development Opportunities
Funding For Professional Development
Funding OptionsFaculty or PLC's interested in attending outside professional development programs will submit a request for funding and release time to the Academic Vice Principal. Programs should meet individual and school needs for professional development. Faculty attending will be expected to follow up with departments or other interested faculty through in-service or TLC. Funding is limited.
Professional Development Team