Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of January 25th - 29th
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Monday, Jan. 25 -- GIRLS Basketball vs. Hall @ 5:00 PM (HOME)
Thursday, Jan. 28 -- BOYS Basketball vs. Hall @ 5:00 PM (AWAY)
Friday, Jan. 29 -- Tison "Battle of the Books" Competition @ 8:30 AM (Tison Library)
Thursday, Feb. 4 -- Academic UIL Competition (DAY 1) @ Tison Middle School (4:00 - 6:15 PM)
Friday, Feb. 5 -- Academic UIL Competition (DAY 2) @ Tison Middle School (4:00 - 6:30 PM)
BASKETBALL CONCESSION STANDS
Parents - we need your help at the Tison Basketball Games!
JUST ONE HOME GAME LEFT! We need your help filling some of the remaining volunteer spots -- each volunteer spot is an hour long. Please use the following links to sign up and help out!
Basketball Concession Stand Volunteer Sign-up for GIRLS Basketball Games:
2015-2016 TISON YEARBOOK COVER
THE DEADLINE FOR ORDERING YEARBOOKS HAS PASSED! BUT...
Balfour, the publishing company, has extended the deadline until MONDAY, JANUARY 25TH. You can order online at www.balfour.com. Type in Tison Middle school and click on yearbook to follow the prompts to order. Order yours now -- extras will not be available in May to purchase at that time.
INCOMING 9TH GRADERS...CLASS OF 2020! NGC ROO EXPO IS JANUARY 26TH!
Current 8th graders and families, please join us at the Weatherford High School Ninth Grade Center on January 26, 2016.
Incoming freshman will have the opportunity to explore what some of their classes will offer them next year. Teachers will be on hand to answer questions about their courses, and you will be able to take a look around the school. We will share general information about the NGC, as well as an overview of an exciting new opportunity for students to earn college credit during their 9th grade year.
The event will be from 5:30 until 7:00 PM. Two informational sessions will be held in the auditorium. The first will start at 5:30 PM and the second at 6:20 PM.
We look forward to seeing you!
FUNDRAISER FOR TISON'S NJHS
TISON TO HOST UIL ACADEMIC MEET ON FEB. 4TH AND 5TH
**If you have a student who is a UIL Academic participant and would like to pick up as soon as his or her event is over, you will need to come inside the cafeteria to sign out your student.**
TISON LIBRARY RECYCLES USED PRINTER & TONER CARTRIDGES
The Tison Library would greatly appreciate donations of brand name (i.e. Brother, Canon, HP, Lexmark, Epson, Hasler, Neo) used printer and toner cartridges! You can send your student to school with them or just drop them by the office. Your donations will be used to support library programs. Thank you!
TISON STUDENTS @ WISD SPECIAL PROGRAMS' WINTER DANCE ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 15TH @ NGC
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Weslee Baker, 7th Grader
A member of the Tison staff had this to say about Weslee: "He puts forth great effort every class period. He is involved in a soccer league outside of school that demands a great amount of his time, but he still makes sure that he is doing his best in all his classes. He is a very respectful student that is always willing to help another student or adult."
In order to get to know Weslee a little better, he completed a student version of the questionnaire - "20 Questions in 60 Seconds". Below are his answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What do you want to be when you get older?
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
how to do a soccer skill
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
to play outside with my dogs
14. What is your favorite TV show?
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
an airsoft gun
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
19. What is your favorite book?
the lighting thief
20. What is your favorite video game?
black ops 3
STAFF SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Ashley Washington -- Inclusion Aide
Ashley has been an inclusion aide at Tison for a couple of years, and does an amazing job connecting with Tison students.
In order to know more about Ashley, she completed the "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" questionnaire. Below are her answers:
1. What three traits define you?
WISE, FUN, CONFIDENT
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Give your all in everything!!!
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
balancing being a mom, student, and working
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you've traveled to and why?
10. What's the weirdest job you've ever had?
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Being the example, being able to follow first.
12. Which one would you want most -- flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?
15. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Go for it regardless of what others say.
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
18. How do you define success?
19. What is the best book you have ever read?
Little Black Girl Lost
20. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)