Happy Second Week of October!
"TO DO" REMINDERS:
- At Risk-See note below and if you received an email from me make sure you do your part for STEP One by next Friday (all 3rd ELA, 4th Math and Reading)
- HEB Excellence in Education Award. Don't be bashful! You know you all rock and are deserving of such an award. We've had people in FBISD be finalist...why not you or a colleague?!?! Link is below.
- Lone Star Leadership-Student Award (4th Grade Only) See Below
- HEB Advocate Award-Student Award (3rd Grade Only) See Below
- NO OFFICE DAY! On the 18th I am going to be a 3rd GRADER!!!! Let me know if I can join your class!
- Ashley Foreman-Please make sure you give your contribution to Nadine by the 19th. Thank you.
- Boys Restroom-Please monitor the boys restroom and remind your boys as they go during class that they need to be on their best behaviors and report if they see others not behaving in there. I talked about it on announcements but would also appreciate your help. thanks.
- Halloween Luncheon-Please sign up for our first faculty luncheon! sign up sheet is in the front office. The more the merrier!!!! If you don't contribute, please don't partake. Hope you'll join in on the fun :).
- UDL Follow Up-If you did the UDL training, the trainer will be here for follow up on the 23rd, make plans to meet with her during your conferences please. PS-GREAT opportunity to get input on how to differentiate specific lesson....
- Bluff Buy-We are in need of items!!!! Please clean out your closets and donate what you can. Take to Mrs. Singleterry in Read Right.
- ESL spreadsheet on google drive tab 2 is due on Friday.
- REMINDER STAFF Meeting-Put October 23rd on your calendar! STAFF Meeting :). RTI!
- Top 5 Sub Request-Make sure you email Mrs. Howard if you want to request your top 5.
"Discipline STUDENTS the way YOU would want to be disciplined."
I challenge you to do the same.
FROM MRS. CRISTAN
Ø Safety - Keep doors closed at all times during instruction, especially when you are not present in your room.
Ø Fire Drill – Oct. 24, 2018.
Ø PBIS Behavior Tracking Cards – collaborate with POD, talk, discuss, put plans in place – document in RTI the interventions that the POD has put into place that are supporting the students of need.
Ø Notice of Concerns – great opportunity for Admin./Counselor to visit with students before the marks get out of hand.
Ø Positive Office Referrals – take time to give credit when credit is due. Look for your expectations and reward / give points / give feedback for those who are achieving them.
o ** Golden Rule – 5 positives for 1 negative.
Ø Training Nikol and I attended – shareable important points to consider:
o Building relationships is key. Ask student, “What do you need from your teacher to be successful in the classroom? And then take the time to listen.”
o Look for your expectations!
o When disciplining students always consider, “How would you like to be disciplined in front of your peers?”
o “We don’t change the student, we change how we respond to the student.”
From Mrs. Villarreal
- Teachers, Please send home the Red Ribbon Activities sheet today. We would like our students and families to have enough time to plan for the different themes and attire. I believe the half sheets have been placed in your boxes.
- Anger Management and Mentoring Permission slips are outside my door. If you have a student that can benefit from these programs, please come by and pick up the forms.
- Teachers, please ask your students to turn in any signed permission slips for Mr. Gray’s groups. We had a low turn out this week.
Lone Star Leadership Academy - Call for Outstanding Student Nominations
The 2019 Lone Star Leadership Academy is accepting nominations for outstanding 4th-8th graders for the summer academy. Participants travel to the Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin/San Antonio, or Houston/Galveston area to join delegations of other distinguished students from across Texas for a week of fun, learning, leadership development, and visits to significant Texas destinations. Each day, participants explore notable Texas sites, learn about unique careers from professionals, and work in small groups to develop specific leadership skills. In addition to improving their leadership abilities, participants gain self-confidence and independence and develop new friendships with other high-achieving students from across the state. Nominees must be in 4th-8th grade, maintain an 85 or higher average, demonstrate leadership ability, and be involved in school/community activities. Teachers can nominate a student at http://educationinaction.org/nominate-leaders. The nomination deadline is Friday, November 2, 2018
AT RISK TIME!
I decided to do things differently. I sent emails to those that have tasks to complete AT THIS TIME. I'll send more information on 2nd part on next brief 10/18!
CLICK HERE FOR ALL DETAILS FROM RED RIBBON WEEK COMMITTEE!!!! LOTS OF INFO. PLEASE READ.
OCTOBER 22-26 RED RIBBON WEEK
This Week's Calendar
1 Hearing/vision Screener
2 Art Fundraiser Begin
5 Nueces Delta (4th)POD 7 & 50th Day of School
6 Nueces Delta (4th)-POD 8
6 Veteran’s Day Visitor-Mr. McPartlin (Coast Guard)
6 Happy Birthday Mrs. McClendon
7 Nueces Delta (4th)-POD 9
8 Nueces Delta (4th)-POD 10 & Paraprofessional/IT/SPED/Security Appreciation Day para
8 Veteran’s Day Visitor-Mr. Wyrick (Navy)
9 Nueces Delta (4th)-POD 12
9 Veteran’s Day Visitor-Mr. Beckwith (Army)
9 Happy Birthday Martha Daubenspeck
9 Happy Birthday Penny Robinson
12 Veteran's Day Observed & Parent Conference
13 Math & Science Night & Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
14 Elementary Thanksgiving Feast &Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
15 Fall Picture Retakes & Primary Thankgsgiving Feast (eat in class)
15` Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
15 Happy Birthday Mr. Jackson
16 Good Choice (Movie) & Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
19 Thanksgiving Holiday
20 Thanksgiving Holiday
20 Happy Birthday Mrs. Barnec
21 Thanksgiving Holiday
22 Thanksgiving Holiday
23 Thanksgiving Holiday
23 Happy Birthday Mrs. Hurst
29 Science Projects Due, Report Cards, Board Meeting
30 Science Fair Judging
Military Family Appreciation Month
National Novel Writing Month
This site is really intended for parents, but I love the idea of being silly.."the laughing brain is not anxious" this is the time help students develop Social Emotional Intelligence
Calendar October 11-18
11 Fall Pictures
11 4th Grade Running Club Tryouts
12 3rd Grade Fire Prevention Program
12 Good Choice-Funtrackers (needs to be 4th graders)
15 Homecoming Parade
15 Science Fair Packets Home
16 Book Study In Person
16 4th Grade Military Lunch Bunch
17 3rd Grade Military Lunch Bunch
18 No Office Day (Dr. Y)
18 Bus Transportation/Maintenance/Custodian Appreciation Day19 Homecoming Game