Brown City High School
Staff Professional Development--June 10, 2015 (8 am-3 pm)
8:00-8:20 in High School Computer Lab
- 2014-2015 School year debrief
Technology Lesson Ideas and Demonstrations
9:00-10:15 in High School Computer Lab
- Intro to SAT transition
- SAT Slideshow presentation for "Redesigned SAT"
- SAT Writing Common Writing Prompt
- Fall PSAT tests (grades 8-11)
- SAT & Khan Academy for student paced support
- Discussion of necessary changes to test prep strategies and possible changes for fall
Websites, Online Assessments, Chirp, and Inantimate Alice
10:30-11:30 in High School Computer Lab
- Review classroom websites
- How do we currently use them?
- What resources can students and parents get from them?
- Do they enhance my classroom and student learning?
- How often is mine updated?
- How can I use the website more effectively next year?
- Google Forms
- Intro to how Google Forms are created
- How to use Chirp or the class website to share your Google Form (test/quiz).
- Using Flubaroo to grade Google Forms
- Inantimate Alice--Hypertext ELA Unit
Cross Curricular Planning for 2015-2016
12:15-1:00 in High School Library
- All staff except Lesley/Cindy (meet with Erika about Science kits for next year) and TJ/Lori (work on STARS curriculum)
- All other staff report to library and bring pacing guides/scope & sequence for your classes.
- General discussion about current cross curricular planning already taking place
- Break out Groups (HS/JH) and discuss possible areas to incorporate more cross curricular ideas/lessons for 2015-2016 school year. Turn in a list of ideas to Neil (that we will revisit in the fall).
Final Evaluation, Tech Task, Life Insurance Meeting
- Life Insurance meeting for anyone interested at 1:00
- Tech Task in High School Computer Lab 1:00-2:15
- Complete one of the following and email or show Neil.
- Update parts of your class website
- Create a Google Form that can be used in class next year (possibly practice with Flubaroo to grade it)
- Create a ShowMe lesson that could be shown to the class or posted on class website as a form of Flipped instruction
- Download NearPod lessons or SmartExchange lessons that you can use next year
These will be done alphabetically in Barry's office. We would like no more than 2-3 people up in Barry's office at a time. Once evaluation is completed you may return to completing your tech task.