First Impressions Team
Reaching people with the love of Jesus
Our Vision and Mission
REACH every person for Christ with Love and Hospitality.
Create a hospitable environment that promotes a relationship with God and other believers.
What We're About
Every person comes to our church with a set of expectations, whether good or bad. The question is: Will ECC meet those expectations or fall short of them? The goal of First Impressions is to REACH every person for Jesus with Love and Hospitality.
In order to succeed, we need to do three things:
- Create a hospitable environment that prepares everyone for worship
- Connect with every guest and value his or her presence
- Care about helping people get connected.
Not All Guests Are The Same
Not all guests are the same; therefore, they need to be treated differently.
Five church visitors are as follows: "transplants," "wounded," "neighbors," "seekers," and "hoppers."
- Transplants know what the church is about, are looking for a comfortable fit, want to be warmly greeted, and just need to be plugged in.
- Wounded are carrying baggage from a previous church experience, typically related to a past minister, and need special attention from one of our pastors to realize he or she is not going to let them down.
- Neighbors are friends, coworkers, and physical neighbors. They have been invited by someone they trust and are looking for that same level of comfort as they walk through our doors.
- Seekers are looking for a church and/or worship experience that moves them. Often, they are hesitant to jump in until they feel like they belong.
- Hoppers come with issues, create (or find) issues in the church, and typically leave with issues.
Therefore, as a church, we need to be sensitive to each "type" of guest and respond appropriately. (Tip: Be a good listener and talk about THEM not just about ECC. This is an opposite response greeters and church members tend to do. They try to “sell” the church, rather than ask questions and listen.)
This Is An Important Ministry
The First Impressions ministry is equally important and vital to the success and longevity of Eagle Christian Church. The average guest makes up his or her mind in the first seven minutes as to whether he will return to a church for a second time. These seven minutes frequently occur before worship and service even begin.
As part of the First Impressions Team at ECC, you are not merely “filling a spot.” You are fulfilling a need. It is important that all team members care about people and desire to help them connect with God and His Church.
The next orientation is scheduled for September 8th from 12:30 to 2 pm. Click the button below to RSVP.