CHES FALCON FOCUS
December 11, 2015
Faculty and staff are responsible for the content of this newsletter.
To report an unplanned absence, call Dr. Cunningham @ 624-9994 or Mrs. Thornton @ 980-5770.
SICK LEAVE REQUESTS
PARKING LOT QUESTIONS
- On December 15 & 16 we have Data Chats - what should grade levels do with their RTI groups when assistants will be covering other classes?
The calendar is marked as NO RTI for those two days. This is true for all grade levels.
- For teachers who split their students for specials, can we change the groups after Christmas?
I ask that classroom teachers speak with special area teachers to ensure this will not create any difficulty we may not have thought of. Their input will also be needed when making the changes since they are the ones working with the classes.
- What is the movie for December 18th?
We are considering changing the movie by grade level so they do not see the same movie every year. Any suggestions from grade levels is appreciated. Fifth grade has already requested a movie on the Dust Bowl in preparation for the second semester. It will be used to create interest in the upcoming unit. Mrs. Morris assures us it is a great documentary! :0)
- When is November Party with the Principal?
- DQ Reward scheduled for December 17th
No this is for the names the actual trip is in Jan. 7th and 8th. Teachers will need to turn in names so that I can make a schedule.
END OF SEMESTER REMINDERS
- Clean classrooms of all first semester decorations and unnecessary "stuff" in preparation for January.
- Plan to review rules and procedures when returning January 5.
- Turn in to Treva Richardson before leaving December 18:
- Resubmit class schedules with an update date of January 5, 2015 so we are sure to have your most current schedule on file.
- Updated Professionalism Log using the current form
- Telephone logs for December (and November if you have not done so).
INCLIMATE WEATER POLICY
- Please review policy below.
- Please make certain you have a plan on file for every student in case of early dismissal.
- Update your substitute folders to include this information.
CHANGE IN BUS LOADING PROCEDURES
We will be loading buses in a different manner when students return to school in January. I am providing this information in advance to ensure you have the opportunity to update information and prepare your students.
We will continue to dismiss car riders when the bell rings at 3:15.
We will BEGIN bus loading with FOURTH AND FIFTH GRADE CLASSES.
- Fourth and Fifth grade classes will be dismissed by 3:25 or when all buses arrive at school. When 4th and 5th grade classes are dismissed to load buses, 2nd and 3rd grade classes will line up in their individual door ways and wait to be dismissed. When 4th and 5th grade classes clear the building, 2nd and 3rd grade classes will be dismissed to load buses.
- When 2nd and 3rd grade classes are dismissed to load buses, Kindergarten and first grade classes will line up in their individual door ways and wait to be dismissed. After 2nd and 3rd grade classes clear the building, K and 1st grade classes will be dismissed to load buses.
Classes should exit to the hallway in the order of their classrooms. Teacher should not have students standing in the hallways prior to being called for dismissal. This will notify us of when each grade level has cleared the building. Our goal in changing this process is to keep students calmer in their classrooms in an effort to improve bus behavior and safety and to expedite the process of bus loading by beginning with older students who load to the back of the bus.
Summary of process:
4-5 called to dismiss, 2-3 line up in their door ways
4-5 clear building, 2-3 called to dismiss, K-1 line up in their doorways
2-3 clear building, K-1 dismissed
Your assistance in following this process is greatly appreciated.
MRS. LYNSI ATTARDI: 5th grade STEM
Hometown: Clarksville, TN
Family: Husband Johnny, daughter Madison-8, Son Nathan,-3, daughter Isabelle- 18 months
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I am living where I want to be. It’s been hard being a military spouse, but it’s nice to know that I never have to pick up and move myself or children again!
- What is your favorite family vacation?
My family has a timeshare in Florida every year. The children play hard, and we enjoy all being together. Every year, we end up going early to have just a few more days!
- What's the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
Move to a foreign country and deliver our 3rd child!
- What's your favorite family recipe?
Hummingbird cake! Have you ever had it? It’s like banana bread meets carrot cake. It is SO good!
- What motivates you to work hard?
Seeing positive results and being recognized for hard work.
UPDATE: SUNSHINE COMMITTEE NEWS
Please remember that Lori Morrison is collecting funds ($10.00) for this year. This helps pay for our Christmas luncheon and end of year luncheon, cakes, gifts, cards, etc. The committee is requesting that everyone contribute their part. Thank you!
Festive Days and Treat Days for the week of December 14-18
- Monday: Red, Green and Jeans Day, SPECIAL ED & SPECIAL AREA treats
- Tuesday: Tree Skirt Day (Be creative)—Men you can wear a tie, K-1-2 treats
- Wednesday: Christmas Hat and/or shirt day, 3-4-5 treats
- Thursday: Tacky Christmas Sweater day, Support Staff treats
- Friday: Favorite Christmas shirt day, Luncheon
Our luncheon will begin at 12:30 in the cafeteria. All faculty and staff are expected to attend. If you plan to bring an alternate lunch (for those who prefer not to each what the committee has ordered), notify Lori Morrison ASAP so extra food is not ordered.
If you are participating in Secret Santa we will reveal after lunch. Please remember your Secret Santa during this week!
Late Bus Duty: FIRST GRADE
Instructional Week 18
14th A Week L Day
Safety Team Meeting @ 1:30 in MC
15th A Week C Day
Extended RTI Data Chats 4th, 5th, 1st
16th A Week O Day
Extended RTI Data Chat 2nd, 3rd, K
17th A Week N Day
PD Meeting starts at 7:15 in MC.
18th Day Out of Calendar
½ Day for Students
9:15 Book Parade
JANUARY 4th: Faculty and Staff report to work for staff development.
Students do not report.
Instructional Week 19
Late Bus Duty: Second Grade
5th B Week F Day