Friday, November 18, 2106
Congratulations to Band Students
Congratulations to Spring Hill's very own Zane Troublefield and Joshua White. They performed in Wednesday night's All-County Band Concert and were recognized with the "Directors Award." These students will receive a scholarship to band camp. Way to GROW Zane and Joshua!
- Our annual Christmas Party will be held on Saturday, December 10 at 5:30pm at McDuff's Restaurant in Laurinburg.
- Teachers, please ensure that students are stacking their lunch trays at the end of the table, then taking them to the dishwasher in one stack. Do not allow students to take their trays individually unless you personally monitor that process.
- Nearpod Webinar for Social Studies teachers will be Nov. 28th from 3:30 - 4:15 pm in the Media Center.
- Radio Spots must be written and submitted by Nov. 30th. House leaders are responsible to get these in to Mrs. Harris.
- Fall Sports pictures will be taken on Nov. 29th.
Growth Mindset Video For Kids
BE PREPARED MONDAY...10 Essentials should be displayed EVERYDAY during instructional time.
- ALL lessons plans are to be submitted through CANVAS by Monday of the work week. If you are unable to adhere to these expectations on a consistent basis, you will be REQUIRED to submit them on Fridays before leaving the building.
- Post your Essential Questions and the Standard # on the board ie., RI7.4
- PLC Tuesday- RIP Whole Group Instruction...we will review unpacking documents and small group collaboration.
- If you were not able to meet with your administrator for your data meeting this week, it will be rescheduled after Thanksgiving break.
- I NEED ALL A/AB Honor Roll names so I can send the list to the newspaper. If your team has not submitted them I NEED them MONDAY, November 21 by 12noon! ~ I don't want to leave any student off the list...Thanks!
Make the best of these next two days...GROWTH MINDSET, Review, Remediate, & Enrich...email me if you have any questions or need help with planning ANYTHING!!! Have GREAT weekend.
- Classroom spelling bees should be done by Friday, November 18th. Our school wide spelling bee will be held on Monday, November 21st at 2:00 pm in the Media Center.
- Make sure that you enter minor discipline referrals and document interventions. Bounce is not the only intervention! The link to PBIS world is in the google Standard Protocol Procedures that was shared with staff by Mr. Smith and it is full of unique interventions.
- Tips: If you send a student to the office for discipline, you must notify the office so that they know why the student is there.
- Students must have a note or pass to be in the hallway. Limit time outside of class; remember they learn best when they are with you!
- National Career Development Month Poster and Poetry Contest –All students are encouraged to participate and entries are due to Dr. Goins by November 28, 2016. Every student enrolled at Carver and Spring Hill Middle is eligible to participate in the Middle Division of the Poster and Poetry Contest: Grades 6-8. Each entry should celebrate and inspire career development with a positive tone while emphasizing the national theme listed above. More information has been placed in your box regarding this contest.
PBIS Reminder: Homeroom teachers please remember that students can earn 5 tickets for perfect attendance each week, and they can also earn 5 tickets for using the Word of Week in a sentence or if they can give the correct definition.
Teachers, please remember to take you AESOP information home with you just in case you need a Sub.
- At dismissal time please stand at your door to ensure students make it safely and quickly down the halls to their cars and buses.
- Broken objects (pencils, etc.) still pose a safety hazard on the soccer/football field. The Safety Committee ask that teachers have students leave items in their backpacks and for backpacks not to be carried out on the field during TLC or PBIS events.
- Teachers in an effort to keep students safe and monitored please ensure students have a pass when they leave your class for any reason. The pass should include their name, the date, and the time in which you have written the pass.
- Science Olympiad is fundraising with Fun Pasta Fundraiser. Our group link is on the school website. Please help supports us! :).
A meeting of the School Improvement Team was held on Thursday, November 17. To view the minutes go to: https://docs.google.com/a/scsnc.org/document/d/1g1Ftt5aTv1Y1gkRJSZ342Rmbc6Hw3fdoopxvRK1OJrU/edit?usp=sharing.
Don't forget to follow SCS on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/fighting_scots/. There boards for every content area, classroom management, instructional strategies, and the growth mindset.
Honor Roll Recognitions
Be sure to see your SIT representative regarding 1st quarter honor roll recognition. This must be completed by December 2.
Wacky Wednesday Winners
- Tyzavion Norris (6)
- Katlyn Smith (6)
- DJ Legette (6)
- Mark Hill (6)
- Rakaiya Scott (6)
- Glen Locklear (7)
- Ellie Stack (7)
- Chase Bryant (8)
Tuesday, November 22- 7th & 8th Grades House and Team Meetings; 6th Grade Team Meetings; Electives Team Meeting;
Wednesday, November 23-Friday, November 25- Thanksgiving Break
Tuesday, November 29- Job Shadowing Week Begins (ends December 2); PBIS Module 2 Training (for select members of the MTSS team); 7th & 8th Grades House and Team Meetings; 6th Grade Team Meetings; Electives Team Meeting
Wednesday, November 30- Project PINK Meeting during Spartan Time; PBIS Module 2 Training (for select members of the MTSS team); Digital Facilitator on campus; 7th and 8th Grade Content Level Planning Meetings.
Thursday, December 1- 6th Grade Content Level Planning Meetings
Friday, December 2- Half Day for Students (Professional Development)