Save A Life, Be An Organ Donor!
- Register as a donor which can be done two ways: when you receive or renew your driver's license or fill an organ donor registration form online.
- Consider being a live donor which means you donate organs that your body doesn't use and you can register to do this visiting the Transplant Program website where you will fill out a questionnaire.
- Anyone who is physical healthy can donate their organs
- If you are under 18 you must get consent from your parents or guardians
By donating your organs, you will be saving another person's life. You will be putting your own organs to good use.
- More than 10,000 people are on the waiting list for an organ transplant in the United States
- Approximately 18 people die each day while waiting for organ donations
- Only about 20 percent of Americans are donors
- Every 10 minutes another name is added to the national organ transplant waiting list
- One tissue donor can change and enhance the lives of more than 50 people
- 29,532 were preformed in 2014
- One organ donor can save eight lives
Sites For More Information