Edison Eagles Newsletter
- Wednesday, January 5: Late start at 10 am
- Wednesday, January 12: Late start at 10 am
- Monday, January 17: NO SCHOOL for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Wednesday, January 19: Late start at 10 am
- Wednesday, January 26: Late start at 10 am
Here is some important information regarding the after school program Beyond the Bell (formerly ELO)
- Every elementary school will have Beyond the Bell programs offered at their school.
- Parents will register their student in the Family App on the District Website. https://family.tpsapps.org/
- There will be 5 sessions this year:
- Session 3 – January 10 – February 18
- Session 4 – March 7 – April 22
- Session 5 – May 2 – June 10
- Registration for Session 1 is September 1 – September 13.
- Students may NOT attend a Beyond the Bell program at another school.
- You will NOT need to enter any information into School Dude as this has already been completed.
- Each school will have a Site Lead. I will let you know who your Site Lead is as soon as they are all placed.
- Program runs from 3:45 to 6 PM. Parent pickup is promptly at 6 PM.
If you have questions, please contact Alexander Mock at 1-701-334-3802.
Have a wonderful 2021-22 school year!
Edison Dress Code for 2021-2022
Dress Code Philosophy
Edison Elementary ’s student dress code supports equitable educational access. To ensure effective and equitable enforcement of this dress code, school staff shall enforce the dress code consistently and in a manner that does not reinforce or increase marginalization or oppression of any group based on race, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, cultural observance, household income or body type/size.
Allowable Dress & Grooming
- Closed toe shoes to support safety of student feet. Tennis shoes ARE REQUIRED on PE days.
- Students must wear clothing including both a shirt with pants or skirt, or the equivalent and shoes.
- Shirts and dresses must have fabric in the front and on the sides.
- Clothing must cover undergarments.
- Fabric covering all private parts must not be see through.
- Hats and other headwear must allow the face to be visible and not interfere with the line of sight to any student or staff. Hoodies must allow the student face and ears to be visible to staff.
- Clothing must be suitable for all scheduled classroom activities including physical education.
- For bathroom accidents parent/guardians are welcome to pack a change of clothes in backpack.
Non-Allowable Dress & Grooming
- Clothing may not depict, advertise, or advocate the use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, or other controlled substances.
- Clothing may not depict cuss words, pornography, nudity, or sexual acts.
- Clothing may not use or depict hate speech targeting groups based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, or any other protected groups.