An Analysis of Health and Health Services
At first glance...
Algeria, located in northern Africa, has a population of 37,100,000 people. Here is a brief overview of the countries health:
- The average life expectancy in the country is around 74-75 with females living more than 4 years longer at ~76.5
- There are about 25 infant deaths for every 1000 live births.
- The leading causes of mortality are cardiovascular disease, cancers and various commutative conditions
At second glance...
- In Algeria there is only one doctor for every 1000 population and 2.1 beds for every 1000
- Unclean water and poor sanitation has raised the number of instances of tuberculosis, hepetitis, measles, typhoid fever, cholera and dysentery
- Overall, Algeria is not overly health, being ranked at 81 by the WHO but it is a lot better than many other countries worldwide
Now some facts relating to the country that may infulence health:
- On average, Algerian children complete 13 years of schooling - keep in mind that different educational systems work differently.
- Generally, Algeria is ranked in the high 40's for Gross Domestic Product in a worldwide assessment.
- The algerian government has in place many programs designed to help prevent conditions relating to many lifestyle choices (excluding alcohol)