Copyrights and Licenses
By Toby Burke
What is Copyright?
What are the five types of licenses?
1. Public Domain - Isn’t protected by copyright law because it meets one of the following conditions: Copyright expired, work created using public money, creator donated work
2. Freeware - Copyrighted work that you can copy, use, or give away for free
3. Shareware - Copyrighted work that you can copy, use, or share but only for a limited time
4. All-rights reserved - Allows only the purchaser to use the software
5. Open Source - Software that includes the source code with the idea that someone can improve it
2. Freeware - Safari, Internet Explorer, iTunes
3. Shareware - Free-Trials
4. All-rights reserved - Most software that you can purchase at Best Buy and stores alike (i.e. Video Games)
5. Open Source - Firefox and Chrome