Parent Newsletter - Dec. 17th-Jan. 3rd.
Message From Mr. Pedigo
ELEMENTARY READING CHALLENGE
Join our 10,000 hour elementary reading challenge, Camp Eagleville!
- To participate, students will need to complete the Camp Eagleville Reader Pledge!
- After turning in their pledge sheet, students will receive their Camp Eagleville Reading Log to track their hours.
- Students will color an animal track for every 20 minutes that they read outside of school hours!
- Each time they have marked thirty tracks, students will turn their log into the Camp Director's (Mrs. Everett's) box to get a prize!
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Everett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Science Club
For more information: sasef.utk.edu/2021-22-virtual-science-club
CONGRATULATIONS to Isabella Parrott! She has been selected to represent Tennessee as a nominee for the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program. Woohoo!!
The U.S. Presidential Scholars Program is one of the Nation's highest honors for high school students. Each school across the state can nominate one student, which the state then selects 10 female and 10 male students from the pool of nominations to represent the state of Tennessee. This is a highly selective process and it's a great honor for Isabella!!
ELEMENTARY AWARD DAYS
2nd 9 Weeks Awards Day-
- Tuesday, Jan. 11th in the Auditorium. Parents should report to the auditorium entrance to sign-in there.
- Teachers will notify parents if your child is receiving an award.
Schedule in the Auditorium-
- 8:00 am- 5th Grade
- 8:45 am- 4th Grade
- 9:30 am- 3rd Grade
- 11:00 am- 1st Grade
- 11:45 am- 2nd Grade
- 1:30 pm- K (will come straight from related arts)
Notes on Remote Learning:
The district has sent out information from Mr. Spurlock and Dr. Sullivan about instructional expectations when a student is quarantined and that each school would be relaying more specific information. We will be sending something out on Monday to address our quarantine instructional procedures and I will say most older students already know what to do and how to access it and really do quite well with it.
Lunch Visitor Information
We would like to start welcoming parents to come to eat lunch with their child at school. Please be aware that space is very limited in the cafeterias right now due to socially distancing homerooms as much as possible; however, we plan to start the following next week (Sept. 21-23).
EAG Elem Lunch Guest Policy:
- Parents must sign in and out in the main office and present a photo ID upon arrival.
- To preserve instructional time, parents are asked to wait at the Cafeteria Line B Entrance to join their child for lunch and to say “goodbye” to their child in the cafeteria before leaving.
- The Outside Courtyard near the cafeterias will be used for parent seating. Of course, this is an uncovered patio area. If the weather is not good, this area will be closed off for the day. Parents may not sit at the class lunchroom tables.
- Only the child of the parent in attendance may eat lunch with the parent. No other students will be allowed in the courtyard.
- Parents will be allowed for lunch, but at this time we can not accommodate visitors for breakfast.
- Please call the office prior to the day you would like to visit for lunch. You will sign-up for your date and time to ensure there will be a table for you and your student.
- Due to limited space, grade levels will be allowed to have parents at lunch on the days below. Only one family will be allowed per table. Again, make sure you call the office prior to the day you would like to visit to sign-up.
- Tues: 5th Grade- 10-10:30am and 1st Grade- 10:35-11:05am
- Wed: 4th Grade- 10:05-10:35am and 3rd Grade- 10:40-11:10am
- Thurs: 2nd Grade- 10:10-10:40am and K- 10:45-11:15am
Elementary Arrival and Dismissal
Updated Dress Code
5. Form-fitting clothes (dresses, leotards, Spandex, Lycra, leggings, jeggings, yoga pants, etc.) MUST be covered appropriately, ie as long or longer that fingertip length. This includes clothing underneath sheer clothing.
We are removing the language of the requirement that covering must be as long or longer than fingertip length. Please note that it still MUST be covered appropriately.
Morning and Afternoon information:
Doors to the school will be locked until 7:00 am each morning. Please do not drop off your students before that time as there will be no supervision for them.
No students should be dropped off and enter the building at the main entrance unless a parent is coming into the office with them.
Elementary students will report to the cafeteria after doors open at 7:00 am. Elementary teachers will pick up their students from the cafeteria each day at 7:35 am. Breakfast will be available. If you wish for your child to eat breakfast at school we ask that they arrive with enough time before 7:35 am to eat before dismissing to class.
Elementary drop off will remain the same as in previous years - turn into campus from Old Hwy 99 at the Ambulance station and pull up and drop off in front of the elementary entrance. Parents with older siblings can drop off here as well.
Elementary afternoon pick up will remain the same: please enter between the greenhouse and white house from Old Hwy 99 and line up in the car rider lines in front of the school and then winding around the old gym and parking lot. Have your child's dismissal paper visible at all times in the car rider line. Dismissal papers will go home with students on the 2hr day, Friday August 6th.
Middle School students will be dropped off in front of the main gym after 7:00am and will hold in the main gym until released to class at 7:35 am. Students will have access to breakfast if they choose to eat. *Middle school students with younger siblings in elementary can be dropped off at the elementary entrance.
Middle School pick up will remain the same as last year: please enter between the greenhouse and white house from Old Hwy 99 and line up in the car rider lines in front of the school and then winding around the old gym and parking lot. Have your child's dismissal paper visible at all times in the car rider line. Dismissal papers will go home with students on the 2hr day, Friday August 6th.
High School students will be dropped off in front of the main gym after 7:00am and will hold in the main gym until released to class at 7:35 am. Students will have access to breakfast if they choose to eat. *High school students with younger siblings in elementary can be dropped off at the elementary entrance.
High School drivers will be required to park in the back parking lot and use the new sidewalk to enter the main gym through the gym lobby. Students will hold in the main gym until dismissal to class at 7:35am.
High School dismissal will remain as normal:
Drivers will need to move to their vehicle and leave campus unless staying for an extracurricular activity.
Pick up will be in front of the main gym for high school car riders.
All bus riders will be dropped off and picked up in front of the Elementary entrance each day. Breakfast will be available if they choose to eat.
10/26 EAGLEVILLE VS MT PLEASANT
11/1 EAGLEVILLE @ CASCADE
11/2 EAGLEVILLE @ CENTRAL MAGNET
11/4 EAGLEVILLE VS FORREST
11/8 EAGLEVILLE VS CHRISTIANA
11/11 EAGLEVILLE VS THURMAN FRANCIS
11/15 EAGLEVILLE VS WESTWOOD
11/18 EAGLEVILLE VS LIBERTY
11/29 EAGLEVILLE @ COMMUNITY
12/2 EAGLEVILLE VS CASCADE
12/6 EAGLEVILLE @ FORREST
12/7 EAGLEVILLE @ MT PLEASANT
12/18 EAGLEVILLE @ THURMAN FRANCIS
12/14 EAGLEVILLE @CHRISTIANA
12/16 EAGLEVILLE @ WESTWOOD
1/3 EAGLEVILLE @ LIBERTY
1/6 EAGLEVILLE VS COMMUNITY
1/8-15 DRVC TOURNAMENT
HIGH SCHOOL GAME TIMES 6:00 PM GIRLS GAME TIME BOYS TO FOLLOW
11/16 EAGLEVILLE VS MT PLEASANT
11/18 EAGLEVILLE @ RICHLAND
11/22 EAGLEVILLE VS CENTRAL MAGNET
11/23 EAGLEVILLE @ NOLENSVILLE
11/30 EAGLEVILLLE @ FORREST
12/3 EAGLEVILLE VS COMMUNITY
12/6 EAGLEVILLE VS HAMPSHIRE
12/10 EAGLEVILLE VS FORREST
12/13 EAGLEVILLE VS CASCADE
12/17 EAGLEVILLE VS NOLENSVILLE
12/18 EAGLEVILLE @ CENTRAL MAGNET
12/28-30 WATERTOWN TOURNAMENT TBA
1/4 EAGLEVILLE @ COMMUNITY
1/7 EAGLEVILLE @ FAYETTEVILLE CITY
1/8 EAGLEVILLE @ ROCKVALE
1/11 EAGLEVILLE @ CASCADE
1/14 EAGLEVILLE VS CORNERSVILLE
1/18 EAGLEVILLE @ MOORE CO.
1/21 EAGLEVILLE @ HUNTLAND
1/25 EAGLEVILLE VS FAYETTEVILLE CITY
1/29 EAGLEVILLE @ GORDONSVILLE
2/1 EAGLEVILLE @ CORNERSVILLE
2/4 EAGLEVILLE @ MOORE CO.
2/8 EAGLEVILLE VS HUNTLAND
2/11 EAGLEVILLE VS GORDONSVILLE
2/14-19 DISTRICT TOURNAMENT @ MOORE CO. TBA
OCTOBER 25TH-26TH ALL COUNTY HONOR CHOIR AT FUMC MURFREESBORO
NOVEMBER 10TH VETERAN'S DAY PROGRAM
DECEMBER 7TH HIGH SCHOOL CHRISTMAS CONCERT
DECEMBER 9TH MIDDLE SCHOOL CHOIR/BAND CONCERT
DECEMBER 16TH ELEMENTARY CHRISTMAS PROGRAM
January 28th MID STATE CHOIR EVENT AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH NASHVILLE
Eagleville Fishing Club and Tournament Tournament Fishing team events are currently being planned for the school year. If you would like information on joining us or have any questions please contact Coach Arnold at email@example.com. Get your Eagleville Fishing gear here - https://gogearonline.com/ehs-fish21 Store closes Sunday, August 29.
11/30 EAGLEVILLE VS LAWERENCE CO/WATERTOWN
12/7 EAGLEVILLE VS TULLAHOMA/GREENHILL
12/9 EAGLEVILLE @ SPRING HILL
12/14 EAGLEVILLE VS SPRINGHILL
12/16 EAGLEVILLE VS MARSHALL CO.
1/4 EAGLEVILLE @RIVERDALE
1/6 EAGLEVILLE @ GREENHILL
1/11 EAGLEVILLE @FORREST
1/14-15 @ GP WEST BRENTWOOD
1/18 EAGLEVILLE @ CASCADE
1/20 EAGLEVILLE VS PAGE/CORNERSVILLE
1/25 EAGLEVILLE @ STEWART CREEK, WARREN CO.
1/27 EAGLEVILLE @ TULLAHOMA REGION DUALS
2/1 EAGLEVILLE @WATERTOWN
2/3 EAGLEVILLE @TSB
2/12 EAGLEVILLE INDIVIDUAL REGION
2/24 INDIVIDUAL STATE
2/19 EAGLEVILLE INDIVIDAUL SECTIONALS
10/30 EAGLEVILLE @ ROCKVALE HIGH
11/1 EAGLEVILLE VS WHITWORTH
11/20 EAGLEVILLE VS WHITWORTH
12/4 EAGLEVILLE @ ROCKVALE ELEMENTARY
12/11 EAGLEVILLE VS CHRISTIANA MIDDLE
- Spencer C., Isaac G., Conner H., Luke B., Ruby C., Alec W., Caius M., Isabella S., Kyler S.,
- Chloe C., Landon C. Olivia T., Lance L., Hailey M., Clare B., Luke D., Noah L., Gabriel O.,
- Cara A., Jaden M., Rory S., Cooper S., Brody S., Joshua T., Jesse B., Gracie H., Oaklynn J., Daphne P., Caroline P., Cohen B., Julianna G., Julissa G., Jordan J., James B., Adam M., Lilliana M., Abigail P., Owen M., Stella R., Lucy A., Kolten D., Eli D., Hadley F., Thomas S., Bradly F., Olivia M., Ryli R., Colt V.,
A blessing box is an outdoor pantry that is permanently fixated and allows people to easily donate or take from it anonymously. It largely contains food, but also can have toiletries, baby supplies, and cleaning items.
(Our Rockvale blessing box will not accept clothing donations)
Please feel free to donate or take as needed and be blessed!
Join our Facebook Group “Rockvale Blessing Box” Contact Christina Clark through Facebook or Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by Rutherford County Schools.