CCMS Registration Information
August 1, 2020
Welcome, new and returning Panther families!
Registration is around the corner and here's what you need to know:
- Registration will be on campus over four days: Aug 10, 11, 12, 13 (9am-2pm)
- You MUST sign up for a time slot on the day corresponding to your last name. This will limit the number of people on campus at one time.
- Face masks and cooperation maintaining social distance will be required.
- Please limit campus visits to one student and one adult per family to help us manage the number of people of campus at a time. Thank you!
***If you wish to only do a virtual registration, scroll down to the section WANT TO LIMIT YOUR CONTACT DURING REGISTRATION?
So, what exactly happens at Registration?
- Take and collect their ID picture (which will also serve as their Yearbook picture)
- Pick up required textbooks for their new grade level
- Check out a Chromebook, if needed
- Pick up their course schedule
- Speak to a counselor for course changes
Parents will be able to do the following at the CCMS Registration:
- Join the PTSA and learn about how our wonderful parents support our school
- Joint the Annual Giving Campaign and support our teachers and programs during these trying times
- Load money on student's lunch account
Not happening at registration this year due to staring the year in distance learning and to limit contact with others. All items will become available when we are safe and cleared to return to a hybrid model.
- PE uniform sales
- CCMS Spirit Gear sales and Yearbook pre-orders
What you need to do to be ready for Registration?
- Sign up for a time slot on your designated day (see below for links)
- Complete the Aeries Parent Portal Registration process. Step by step instructions are below. Families also received a personalized letter via email with necessary information to create a new account.
- Complete the Daily Emergency and Disaster Release Information Form available to download/print in the Aeries Parent Portal. You can email it to email@example.com by August 5 or bring a hard hopy with you to registration.
- Bring your Daily Emergency and Disaster Release Information Form (if not emailing it) and your face mask the day of.
***Note: The Aeries Parent Portal process and Daily Emergency and Disaster Release Information Form are required even if you do not plan to attend the Registration event.
2. Log into the Aeries Parent Portal & 3. Complete the Daily Emergency and Disaster Release Information Form
If you have never created a parent portal account, you'll need the following information: Student's ID number, Primary Telephone Number and a Verification Code. This information was emailed to you and will also be sent via postal mail to each family.
If you have yet to receive your child's verification code, or if you are having issues logging in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Need access to a computer or printer?
WANT TO LIMIT YOUR CONTACT DURING REGISTRATION?
- Check your student schedule online starting August 10. Click here to access your own Aeries Student Portal account.
- Email your counselor or book an appointment to discuss a class on your schedule or request a class change. No class changes are made for teacher preference.
- Complete the registration process in the Aeries Parent Portal. See instructions above.
- Email the completed Daily Emergency and Disaster Release Information Form to email@example.com by August 5 avalable in the Aeries Parent Portal.
- Complete a Meal Application online instead of in person!
- Load money on your student's account for Grab n Go Breakfasts and Lunches here. App also available for Apple and Android.
- Join the PTSA for only $8 and support our school!
- Give to the CCMS 100 Campaign and complete your donation for the year!
can't make registration or doing virtual registration only?
- Make up ID pictures will happen once the school year begins on campus. Families can also travel to the CFP Studio to take their picture there.
- Textbook pick up will also be available during a scheduled day once school begins.
- Chromebook check outs will continue on scheduled Wednesdays.
- Course schedules will be available for viewing in Aeries starting August 10.
- Counselors are available for course change requests via email and virtual meetings.
Be a Proud Panther and Join the PTSA!
Start the year off right – as you register your student, join the CCMS PTSA. The CCMS PTSA is an open, diverse group of parents, teachers and students that supports CCMS and its students. We encourage all parents, students, teachers and family members to join (even grandma can sign up)! The membership fee results in advocacy for our students at the district, state and national level. The more members we have, the more say we have! Please consider sponsoring membership for a teacher.
Membership costs just $8. Membership is only good for 1 year, so even if you joined last year, please join again this year! Go to https://jointotem.com/ca/culver-city/culver-city-middle-school-ptsa/join to join today!
DONATE NOW TO THE CCMS 100 CAMPAIGN!
At the start of each school year, the PTSA and Panther Partners (our Booster Club) raise funds that are needed for critical programs including our teacher materials and supplies, WEB program, AVID, Music and Choir, Athletics, after-school enrichment, academic intervention and much more. Even though we'll all be starting the year with a distanced learning approach, we need these essential funds, this year more than ever, to support our students and teachers with vital resources for distance learning including technology (hardware and software) and training.
We're asking 100% of CCMS families to donate meaningfully to raise $100,000 in the first 100 days of school (before 11/1). Last year we raised $40,000 and we want to build on that success this year.
We are asking each CCMS family to donate and give meaningfully. There is no minimum amount, and every dollar truly counts!
The PTSA will not run any other fundraisers and will rely solely on your contributions to fund our programs. In order to provide quality experiences for our 1,700 students, we must raise $100,000. Click here to donate now: PTSA & Panther Partners Annual Giving Campaign. All contributions, small or large, are truly appreciated, and are a celebration of our special community. Thank you in advance for donating!
We try to keep students and parents informed through a variety of communication methods. Don't miss the latest in CCMS info or events by checking these resources regularly! Please make sure CCMS has your most up to date contact information including emails, phone number, and mailing address!
Regular School Communication:
- Principal's Paw Print: a weekly email newsletter with upcoming information for families
- CCMS Website: posts news and a lot of the same info that goes in the Paw Print for all to access
- Student Bulletin: weekly announcements for students in a bulletin (posted on the CCMS website)
- CCMS Press Room: a video version of the student bulletin taking place weekly through Google Hangout
- @CulverCityMS: follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!
- School Messenger: a system for email and phone blasts for major event reminders
Academic and Attendance Information:
- Aeries Parent Portal: Stay current on your student's grades and daily attendance
Individual questions or concerns:
- Calling or emailing office staff or teachers: please allow up to 48 hours (Monday-Friday) to receive a response
- Contacting School Counselors: counselors are assigned by last name (A-E, SarahSlemmons@ccusd.org; F-K JeanineLizotte@ccusd.org; L-Q TerenceBrown@ccusd.org; R-Z contact any counselor for the moment)
- To speak to a Spanish-speaker in the office, please ask for Josie Campos, Susan Herrera or Leonor Flores.