Mr. Araoz's Class
ELA Grade 6 2015-2016
STUDY for the 6th Grade FINAL EXAMS
Complete BOTH Padlet Responses
6th Grade Social Studies Final Review Quizizz
1. Open http://join.quizizz.com in your browser
2. Enter the 5-digit game code 800819 , and click "Proceed"
3. Now enter your name and click "Join Game!"
4. You will get an avatar, and then see a "Start Game" button. Click it to begin!
Always Learning Extra-Credit Activities
- Write a blog post describing something interesting you did over the break.
- Create a How-To Video with your phone/tablet/computer describing how to do something you really love to do.
- Write a blog post reviewing a book, a movie or a TV show you like.
- Create a Google MyMaps of a trip you took this week. Include a brief description and a picture of each place you visited.
- Interview a family member and video it with your phone/tablet/camera. Try to come up with at least five interesting questions.
***The due date for these activities is June 16th.***
Flocabulary Rhyme Writing Tool (Demo Version)
When done, you may continue to work on your Genius Hour project which is due on June 1st.
Think CERCA Signup
My class code is:
ELA CC Vocabulary Terms
Room Recess Reading Game Review
Creative Writing Prompt
Blog Post Suggestions
Describe your group of friends.
It’s fun to have friends. Friends can be people you meet at school, in a sport, in a church group, or in another activity. Your cousins and siblings and pets can be your friends.
Explain what your group of friends is like. Pretend that you are writing this for someone who has never met them. What do you like to do for fun? Who is the funniest? Who is the most daring? Who always has the best snacks?
Valentine's Gift: A Stapler?
Live Inside A Movie
Describe dinner with your family.
My Life in 20 Years
Digital Citizen Superhero Illustration
Visit these Social Studies, Math and Science Smores for Links to Additional Learning Activities
Graphic Organizers in Google Docs
Growth Mindset Blogging: Q1 Reflection/ Q2 Goal-Setting
RAFT Short Response Exemplar
Explain why the theme, “Be careful what you wish for” applies to this story. Use evidence from the story to support your answer.
The theme, “Be careful what you wish for,” applies to the story, “The Monkey’s Paw” because the characters end up regretting the wishes they make.
For example, when Mr. and Mrs. White wish for five hundred dollars their son Herbert is killed in an accident at work. The money was given to them as a death benefit check. If they hadn’t wished for the money, their son would have still been alive.
Therefore, you can see that the theme, “Be careful what you wish for” applies to the “The Monkey’s Paw” story because Mr. and Mrs. White end up regretting the wish they make.
When Done Activities: Brain Break Apps
Social Studies Games
Write a Blog Post
Create a Story Board Comic
Important Information For Students and Parents
Go to Quizlet.com and type mraraoz in the search window to access vocabulary study cards.
Visit kidblog.org/MrAraozsClass to access the class blog where you can find excellent study resources.
Text this message:
to receive HW, project and test notifications.
- Free Choice
- WTM Quest Reflection
- What's Inside My Heart
- Growth Mindset