Stapleton Family News
Friday, April 30, 2021
This week's Family News has today's Student of the Week announcement along with the food resource calendar for the week. All other information is a repeat from last week's newsletter as the information is still essential for this week.
We also want to remind you about the importance of completing the MyMedBot attestation daily before students come to school and the ease of sign-up for pooled testing if you haven't already.
- Office Staff contact information
- Early Release Days- April and May
- Parent/Guardian Workshop- Save the Date!
- Important Dates
Brenda Maurao, Principal
Lisa DiDonato, Assistant Principal
Student of the Week
Framingham Food Program Calendar
Office Staff Contact Information
Luisanny Suarez will be our new Office Manager and she will begin at Stapleton on Monday, April 26, 2021. Her email address is email@example.com.
Kiaraly Ortega is our new Assistant Office Manager and she started at Stapleton on Monday, April 12, 2021. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance Line: 508-626-9143
School Nurse: 508-782-6602
Early Release Days- April and May
Early Release Dismissals are at 12:55pm.
Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences:
April 29, 2021
*May 6, 2021 (this week!)
May 13, 2021
May 27, 2021
Classroom teachers will be reaching out to schedule a conference with you and share a meeting link!
We want to share some suggestions from https://www.colorincolorado.org/article/tips-parents-parent-teacher-conferences to help the experience be as positive and productive as possible:
Before the conference
- Ask your child how she feels about school.
- Ask your child if there is anything that he wants you to talk about with his teacher.
- Tell your child that you and the teacher are meeting to help her.
- Make a list of topics that you want to talk about with the teacher.
- Prepare a list of questions such as:
- What are my child's strongest and weakest subjects?
- Does my child participate in class?
- Does my child seem happy at school?
- What can I do at home to help?
During the conference
- Be on time (or early) for the meeting.
- End the meeting on time. Other parents will probably have a conference after yours.
- Relax and be yourself.
- Stay calm during the conference.
- Ask the most important questions first.
- If your child receives special services such as English classes, ask about your child's progress in those classes.
- Ask for explanations of anything you don't understand
- Ask your child's teacher for ways that you can help your child at home.
- Thank the teacher.
After the conference
- Talk about the conference with your child.
- Talk about the positive points, and be direct about problems.
- Tell your child about any plans you and the teacher created.
- Keep in touch with the teacher for the remainder of the school year.
Professional Development Early Release Day:
May 20, 2021
Remote learners will be taking MCAS remotely this spring. We are waiting on more information to come from DESE regarding the process. Please see the dates below for in-person MCAS.
Stapleton Parent/Guardian Workshop: Bridging Social Emotional Learning from School to Home
Wednesday, May 19th, 6:30pm
This is an online event.
There will also be a raffle and lots of fun prizes!
Spanish, Portuguese, and ASL translators will be available upon request. Please email Ms. DiDonato if you need translation by Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at email@example.com.
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/icz-jcna-zhv
Or dial: (US) +1 470-250-1716 PIN: 188 391 726#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/icz-jcna-zhv?pin=2771956214370
Please RSVP below.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
May 6 - Early Release: E (PC)
May 10- MCAS Grade 3 ELA
May 11- MCAS Grade 4 ELA
May 11- Code of Conduct Parent Night (more details to come)
May 12 - 7-8pm PTO
May 13 - Early Release: E (PC)
May 14- MCAS Grade 5 ELA
May 17 - MCAS Grade 3 Mathematics
May 18- MCAS Grade 4 Mathematics
May 19- Family Workshop! SEL At Home! 6:30PM
May 20 - Early Release: E (PD)
May 21- MCAS Grade 5 Mathematics
May 25- MCAS Grade 5 Science, Technology and Engineering
May 27 - Early Release: E (PC)
May 31 - No School: Memorial Day