April 11, 2016
"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30-31
Mother's Day is May 8th!
Don't forget to honor Mom this year. Participants of GOAL Production Room and Green Team are making Sugar Scrubs in 4 aromatic flavors for Mother's Day. You can choose from Cinnamon, Lime, Orange and Peppermint. At just $5 per 8oz jar everyone can afford to give the gift of sweet smelling and soft feeling hands! Be looking for an order form coming home with your student this week.
Come check out our Green Oaks School Store for Sugar Scrubs and other gifts for Mom on Mother's Day. We also have a great selection of Mother's day cards. All proceeds of School Store go directly to Green Oaks.
Open House and Lunch & Learn
Our Open House is specifically for those seeking to learn about our school and programs, so families should not feel obligated to attend.
No Graduation & Spring Fling this year
Volunteers Needed on 4/30
For your planning purposes, the following are the Green Oaks summer dates.
- Green Oaks will be closed the weeks of June 6 and July 4. GOAL will not operate these weeks.
- Green Oaks Summer Camp Week 1: June 20-24
- Green Oaks Summer Week 2: July 25-29
- GOAL will continue to operate programming throughout the summer. We will be open each week, except the weeks of June 6, July 4 and August 15. While we will be open the same hours and still have the same modules, there will be some changes to the daily schedules just to keep things fresh. GOAL students are not eligible to sign up for Green Oaks summer camps.
- Summer registration forms were sent home, but please let us know if you need another copy.
- Tentatively, our first day back to school for both GOS and GOAL is August 22.
Arlington Police Department Open House
Club 321 & Teen Scene
Teen Scene is a social club modeled after Club 321 for teens (ages 13-18) with Down syndrome. The cost to participate is $5.00 per event and the group meets at least once a month. All events will be supervised by Down Syndrome Partnership of North Texas staff and volunteers. For more information about Teen Scene, email Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club 321 and Teen Scene will have at least three combined events each year. The next combined event is a service project on Saturday, April 16 from 12:00-3:00 pm at Green Oaks School. Club 321 and Teen Scene will be putting together bags for the Arlington Life Shelter. Pizza will be provided. RSVP is required for this event and the cost is $5.00.
In Our Prayers…
- Prayers for Ariel Galindo's grandma and Tobey Elliott, Haley's dad, for health concerns.
- Ongoing prayers for Nic Patterson and Adrian Martinez as they continue to fight leukemia.
We’d like to include your prayer concerns, too. Please call the office or submit them by email to email@example.com.
Green Oaks has a continual need for items (listed below). Green Oaks also continues to collect Box Tops, Labels for Education, and Coke Rewards. Please send these to school in a Ziploc bag.
White and color copy paper
Plastic forks, spoons, & knives
30 or 33 Gallon Trash Bags
White and color cardstock
These items are always needed and appreciated!