Art in the Garden
Creativity :: Community :: Cuisine
The ART of Living :: A Mini-Unplugged Event
Experience the good life through an outdoor (plein-air) guided watercolor class with artist and integrative leadership coach, Annelies M. Gentile of Conduit for Change followed by a light-n-tasty vegetarian farm-to-table picnic lunch straight from one of Raleigh's best kept secrets, the Well Fed Community Garden also owned by Irregardless Cafe.
What a lovely way to celebrate living! Come disconnect to reconnect and unplug with us. See what's new in the garden, meet new faces and create with us! All levels of experience and ages are welcome! Art supplies and lunch are provided. Please, registration is REQUIRED.
- Saturday, Sept 30
- 10AM-1:00PM Guided watercolor class, all supplies and lunch are included
* In the event of rain, Art in the Garden will be held indoors.
This link will take you to Eventbright to purchase your ticket.
No experience needed. Seasoned artists & curious creatives welcome!
Watercolor kit is provided or bring your own favorite creativity supplies
- oil, acrylic, watercolor, pencils, camera OR iPad for digital painting (see below)
- canvas, easel or small table (small lap board will be provided)
- a basic watercolor kit will be available to use if you don't have your own supplies
- hat, sunscreen, water
Have an iPad?? Try digital painting!!
- Personally, I LOVE drawing on my iPad and highly suggest exploring this if you're into digital media. It's portable, non-polluting and super easy! Give digital painting a try! You'll need to download a drawing or painting application before you show up. I use a free app called Bamboo Paper. I suggest this app, as it's really easy to use. A stylus brush, if you prefer (I got my Sensu brush from Jerry's Artarama and love it!)
About Annelies, the Artist
Annelies has been inspiring people through creativity for over 25 years and considers herself a Process Artist. Her education includes master's degree in coaching, graduate studies in transformative leadership, conflict resolution/peacebuilding, creative process and around-the-world learning from traveling to most US states and 22 countries and counting!
Talents abound, she's worked with varied mediums from copper to photography, to plaster and paint, and to hair and make-up on Broadway. Her art is as dynamic and inspiring as Annelies herself and has been featured in multiple gallery shows and businesses including the Fearrington Village, Visual Art Exchange, Bickett Gallery, Neomonde, Tasca Brava and the UAE Embassy. Her most recent painting series, called Fractal Touchables, is only painted live and when dry, is used to help her clients (professionals, businesses & non-profits) to problem-solve from a creative perspective.
Today her art is more about helping people process life verses creating a product. Annelies is an ICF certified leadership coach, consultant, facilitator, visionary artist and CEO of Conduit for Change LLC. Her art has evolved as she has throughout the years. Feel free to view her creative breadth HERE. She lives in Raleigh with her sweetie Greg Whitt. Her favorite daily medicine is nature and her secret-sauce to success is compassion.