The Foreign Lottery Scam!
The foreign lottery scam is a scam where they say that you won the lottery with a ridiculous about of cash.
- If you didn't enter the lottery, you can't win it.
- If you get sent an E-mail about this, look it up on Google or something and, in most cases, you will find out it doesn't exist and is probably a well-documented scam.
- In all scam cases they ask for your PI(or personal info).
PayPal or Banking Scam!
The PayPal or banking scam is where they say things about your account and usually have you give out your personal info.
- If it includes a threat, like "If you don't click this link now, your account will be terminated." it is usually fake.'
- If they don't know who you are, such as starting with, "Dear Valued Customer" or something like that, it is usually fake.
- If their e-mail address is suspicious, its usually fake because PayPal only uses addresses that end in @paypal.com
The most common scam, which I have been fooled by dozens of times, is the infamous survey scam!
- If you weren't requested to join the survey, it is usually fake.
- If this survey is even distantly releated to getting something for free, it IS a scam.
- If the survey is on something that happened a while ago, like a LONG time ago, or a month or something, it is usually fake.