Mrs. Elliott's Crews News
Week of September 19th-23th
Our Week in Review
- Informational text- summarizing the text using important details from the story
- Genre Challenge- students are beginning to earn badges, please continue to encourage your child to read at home
- Personal Narrative- best birthday gift
- Grammar Focus: pronouns
- Unit 5: Words that include ew and oo (although there are 2 letters they make one sound)
- We will begin Unit 3, Part 2
- Creating equations
Algebra Builder homework quiz will be next Friday, September 30th. To prepare your child needs to complete the weekly math homework. This quiz will cover homework numbers 9, 11, and 13 (the number in the top left corner of the page).
- Force and Motion unit continued
- Students will be creating inventions that help an object slow down from falling
Force and motion quiz will be given Wednesday, September 28th. The study guide will go home the Wednesday before that.
- Students will learn about the affect humans have on the world (pollution, destroying animal habitats, etc.)