News & Notes
October 14, 2016
Dreamer of the Week
This week we celebrate all that you do
You even get a parking spot and little treat too!
Thanks for challenging our kids to Follow Their Dreams!
Teacher of the Year
We love our current Teacher of the Year!
Thanks Becca for representing us so well!
Now it's time to think about who will be the next to represent Lakeside. Please consider nominating one of our many worthy educators for this honor. The nomination form is found at the link below:https://goo.gl/forms/9ZXjSGmuxuw3oq6e2
The window is open until October 28th.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Tweet Tweet Tweet
Please use #lakeside1617 when you tweet out this year.
Keep up the TERRIFIC TWEETING!
Follow Your Dreams....
Here's the link to the most recent newsletter from the Curriculum Department. It gives you all the information I receive.
- Please make a special note of the SCIENCE assessment information.
- Check out the Project VOTE information.
You've had your first solo round of UbD planning time ... What questions do you have? Let me know so we can reflect, adjust, and move forward....
Next round of UbD Planning Days - November 14,15,16
(*assigned date for grades may change due to a potentially added district training)
Expected outcome will be UbD plans for End of November, December, and January (3 subjects per grade level)
- Maureen - our instructional coach will support planning
- Diana Saylack and David Noel can be invited to support math and science planning
- Skye - can be invited for a portion for collaboration needs
- Lisa - can be invited for a portion to support instructional extensions
Team Leaders... Please be sure you have communicated with any or all of these people the time(s) you want them to come by.
- These are half days - please plan to stay on campus for lunch.
KN2K (Knows & Need to Knows)
Brain Pop is up and running.The school password has changed please let me know if you need help logging in but your individual educator account (that we created last year) should be the way you and your kids login and those passwords should not be impacted. Remember that when you use your educator account you can customize the Brain Pop experience for your learners including opportunities for formative assessment.
Sue and Roxann, I added you to our educator group.
- You should have received an email about it.
Diversity Task Force
(No Cape Necessary)
Please let me know if you are willing, able, and interested in sitting on this district committee. They meet about 3 times per year (after school).
The Coppell Education Foundation would like to announce that the 2016 Grant submission window will be open, as of September 12 and will close on October 17 at 4:30 pm.
Once an application has been submitted through the google form and the signed policies and procedures form has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, a confirmation email will be sent back to the applicant and administrator.
We look forward to reading all the creative, transformative ideas that provide learning opportunities for our students beyond the four walls of the classroom.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Angie Arthur, COPPELL EDUCATION FOUNDATION
*Please feel free to email me (Gema) if you would like a hardcopy of the Grant Application as a reference or for planning.
First Word/Last Word
Just this week a new walkthrough form was released for administrators to use so you may see a Domain 1 walkthrough being released to you in the near future. As always, please reach out to us for any T-TESS questions.
Lakeside recently received 2 new resource books. Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics Developmentally Appropriate Instruction for Grades Pre-K-2 and Grades 3-5. It's a practical resource of problem-based activities and tasks that engage children in the mathematics. It includes formative assessment, visual models, and constructivist activities. I can support you in putting this excellent resource to work for you.
You Can Book.Me
MACBOOKS ARE COMING TODAY - During your planning!
Meeting Monday on the agenda: COMMITTEES
- Please use this time to meet w/your committees to plan for the year, semester, etc...
- SBDM in B106
- Leadership in Library
18) Barbara to (pm) Mtg., Site Visits for Maureen, Liz, & Katie plus First goes to the Farm
19-20) Gema to APQC Training
19) Leaning Walks at 1:30
20) Dancing through the Decades (3rd grade program @ 8:15) & K to the Arboretum plus Skye to Library meeting (pm)
21) LOW @ 8, Growth & Development for 5th @ 2 (yikes), and Report Cards go home
24-28) Red Ribbon Week
24) Assembly (info coming from Jan) @ 8:30 (Longhorn Schedule)
25) Gema to Principal's Mtg
26) Lisa to GT Mtg
27) Jan to Counselors Mtg
28) Lots ... including deadlines:
- LOW & Red Ribbon Walk at 8:05 am
- Jan, Becca & StuCo leadership to Training
- Clarity Survey Deadline
- Teacher of the Year Nominations are due
31) Scarecrow Parade for K at 8:05 and Day of Play - Info coming from Lisa
1) Gema to P Mtg and Valerie to Math Academy
2-4) 5th & Cindy to Sky Ranch
3) Molly and Kaitlynn to Math Academy
7) PTO Meeting at 8 am and Staff Meeting Monday at 3:30pm
8) Voting at Lakeside
9) Potential School Tour in the morning?
10) First Grade Program at 8 and 6 plus Many Meetings:
- Literacy Academy for Kirby, Valerie, Becca, Rachelle & Lauren
- IMPACT for Rachelle
- AP Meeting for Annelise
12) Parent University (Saturday)
14-18) Book Fair Week
14) Picture Retakes and Progress Reports go home
16&17) Gema to APQC
16) Beckit to Mtg. til 9, Lisa to GT Mtg. & Fourth grade Fine Arts trip
17) Jan (am) and Skye (pm) have their meetings
18) LOW & Turkey Drive
Kinder on 11/17
Third on 11/18?
Fifth on 11/17?
Sara Beth Tuffnell
Thanks for being here everyday!
Happy Birthday to....
Susan 10/15 (*corrected date)
Tuesdays for supporters of the Red and Black attack shirts.
Wednesdays with a college tee
Fridays with a Lakeside / CISD tee