St. Anthony MS
One Team. One Family.
Week Ahead for Feb. 8th - 12th
What a fantastic Catholic Schools Week! Special thanks:
- All teachers for collecting coins and having lots of spirit all week!
- Dana and her team for helping out with students that were under the weather!
- Lita for her flexibility and help with all of the Catholic School Week activities!
- Our fabulous breakfast and lunch crew for their daily flexibility and cheerfulness!
- Andrea and Ashley for coordinating cents for safety collection and tallying!
- Marc for MC-ing assemblies and taking on our "Teacher for the Day!"
- Shelly, Lita, and teachers for coordinating student awards!
- Heather for baking brownies to encourage participation for cents for safety!
- Elizabeth and Julie for helping the seat belt campaign become a reality!
- Everyone for making Prayer Partners happen!
- Dan, Ben, Nicole, Ana, Theresa, Julie, and Eric B. for making Monday's assembly a success!
- Elizabeth, Emily Wavro, and our student leaders for helping plan Friday's assembly!
- Casey, Theresa, Dan and Shelly for their continued leadership in helping make the 8th grade trip to Washington DC a reality!
- Jenny, Elizabeth, and Brittany really "going to bat" for students that struggle!
- Emily Wavro for taking students to DSHA for a student leadership opportunity!
- Casey and Shelly for going the distance to learn new things that will support our students and school!
- Jenny for stepping up in a pinch on Friday!
- And of course everyone that subbed this past week! A huge thank you for providing this consistency and care for our students! Nick, Heather, Marlena, Dan, Jenny, Amy, Anne, Emily Carter, Bob, Katie, Deanna, Ana, Julie, and Ashley!
Mr. Gonzalez, our guest principal, reminding us to ALWAYS wear our seat belts.
Our School Goals
- 100% of our students will grow in the areas of Math and Reading
- 10% increase in advanced and proficient rating on state testing
- 90% of classroom students will reach their end of the year STAR target goal
Jesus on Dress Like a Teacher Day (Mr Lee!)
Last Call - Sign Up Now for the Feb. 19th Mini-Conference
This Week's Team Meeting Focus = Curriculum Time
Positive Things to Say to Students
Week of February 8th - 12th
Monday, February 8th (Black B Day)
- (Only 76 days left of instruction this school year!)
Tuesday, February 9th (Maroon A Day)
Ash Wednesday - February 10th (Gold B Day)
"Old Tuesday/Thursday" Schedule
- Mass at 2:00 today
Thursday, February 11th (Black A Day)"Old Tuesday/Thursday" Schedule
- NO Mass today (due to Mass the previous day)
- Vertical PLCs
Friday, February 12th (Maroon B Day)
- Stations of the Cross during DEAR
Schedule for Ash Wednesday and Thursday (old Tues/Thur schedule)
Mr. Reif breaking out the bari!
Teachers new to the archdiocese should expect to receive an email about an on-line seminar about assessment from learning from the archdiocese education team this month. Please keep an eye out for this.
Conferences are coming up! They are on Thursday, February 18th from 2:30-7:00 and Thursday, February 25th from 2:30-7:00.
Our SAS Mini-Conference is in the morning and Building PD is in the afternoon on Friday, February 19th. 4th Street will host 9th and 5th Street in the morning. Prayer will be right at 8:00 on our 4th floor. Please plan on the possibility of having colleagues using your classroom this day.
A vacation day for students and teachers is on Monday, February 22nd.
We will do Stations of the Cross on February 12th, 26th, and March 4th. Look for another email explaining what this will look like from Katie or Elizabeth. Stations should be during DEAR time on February 12th and 26th, so instructional time will not be impacted.
All choice schools are in Open Enrollment period at this time. Open Enrollment will end on February 15th so classes that are below our cap class size may have additional students that join. If you have questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Teachers new to the archdiocese and their mentors have a 4:00-6:00 meeting on March 2nd at St. Mary Parish School located at N89W16215 Cleveland Ave., Menomonee Falls, WI 53051. Park in church parking lot off of Main St. and enter through Activity Center Doors. Topic is Best Practice Sharing Session, Standards 7, 8, 10.