Week of October 9, 2023
TRANSLATION / TRADUCCION
Este mensaje puede ser traducido en varios idiomas. Simplemente aprete el circulo pequeno con la persona adentro y luego el boton que dice, "Translation" en la parte derecha en este boletin y busque el idoma preferido.
This newsletter can be translated into various languages. Click the accessibility button, then "Translation," and search for the preferred language.
Greetings Tiger Families
I hope you've all had the chance to sign up for a teacher conference and are looking forward to meeting with your child's teacher to determine how well your child is processing this school year.
Conference time provides a great opportunity to learn more about your child's academic, emotional, and social development and the opportunity to build a partnership with your child's teacher. This is also an insightful time for teachers that assists them in knowing and understanding your child based on your feedback and input. It is also a great time for you and the teacher to make plans on how together you can provide support for your child.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE
- Prepare questions to ask the teacher before your meeting. You want to make sure you have a good picture of where your child is when you leave the conference.
- Example: What are the areas my child is struggling in?
- Example: Is my child completing their assignments on time?
- Example: What are my child’s strengths?
- Example: How is my child's behavior in class and school?
- Example: Is my child getting extra support if she/he needs it?
- Please listen carefully to the positive comments and suggestions provided by your child's teacher.
- Please try not to take comments from teachers personally or as criticism toward your children. This is a teacher-parent conference and we all want to see your child succeed.
- Ask any additional questions concerning your child.
- All action plans should include efforts to resolve and improve student performance in class.
- Student plans will have specific goals and objectives for the student to meet in their future efforts.
- We ask that you please be respectful of the allotted time provided for this conference (approx. 20 min.) Thank you.
After the teacher-parent conference concludes:
- Plan to keep in touch with the teacher regarding the progress of your child.
- Monitor the behaviors and progress of your child as discussed.
We invite your student and your family to come show TIGER spirit and pride! At the parade we will be singing the Georgia Brown Song (Georgia Brown Song Audio); it would be fun to practice it with your family in preparation for the parade.
Georgia Brown is entry #36 D. We will line up on 16th St, west of Spring St. The parade starts at 10:00. Please meet at the designated place starting at 9:15.
We look forward to seeing everyone there!
**As stated in the permission form, students must walk with a parent/guardian at the parade. Signed permission slips can be turned in to your teacher or brought to the office through Friday, Oct 13th.
Almost all our absences are due to personal illnesses. Thank you, parents, for calling or bringing a doctor's note to ensure your student's absences are excused. Keep up the good work!
Attendance for the Week of October 2-6
Winners with 99% attendance - Maestra Diaz's Class, Maestra Michel's Class, and Maestra Pahler's Class!
95% or Higher
- Maestro Bolaños
- Maestra Collins
- Maestra Delgado
- Maestra Ezzell
- Maestro Llamas
- Maestra Lopez
- Maestra Magnuson
- Maestra Potter
- Maestra Quada
- Maestra Zepeda
- Maestra Zieglar
Our tardies for this week went up again! This week we had an average of 43 tardies a day. Please let us know if your child is struggling to get up in the morning or not motivated to come to school on time. We have several supports in place to assist you in this matter!
News from the Library
Walk to School Day
We hope this event will be well attended by our students and our community, Our students can show off their artwork!
Your child will receive a permission slip soon which needs your signature. Please return it to his/her teacher or bring it to the parade!
2-6 Parent-Teacher Conferences
2-6 Minimum day schedule -
- k-3 - 7:55-12:15
- 4-5 - 1:55-12:25
4- Walk to School Day
9 - Professional development day - No school
11- Earthquake drill
14 - Pioneer Day Parade
16 - PTO meeting
23-25 - Storybook Pumpkin
27 - Picture make-up day
24 - School Site Council
26 - Fiesta de Octubre (Carnival)