Fair Reminders for 4-H Members
4-H Pork Dinner - Friday
Join the Parade of Clubs to Opening Ceremonies
When: Saturday, July 15, 11:30am
Where: Junior Fair Activities Tent (on the fairgrounds)
- Wear a 4-H or club t-shirt if you have one!
- The color guard will present the flags and we will do the pledges.
- The National Anthem will be sung by 4-H'er, Caitlyn Kelley
- A few dignitaries will be introduced.
- Some short speeches will take place.
- Ribbon cutting
Send a 4-H Shoutout!
4-H SHOUTOUTS! are great for:
- Congratulating graduating 4-H members on their 4-H career.
- Thanking a 4-H club advisor for their help.
- Saying thanks to another member who helped you out.
4-H Project Information
Make sure you also read the information in the Pre-Fair Packet so you understand the process of project evaluations and know when to get your project judged.
Animal Exhibitor Information
- Livestock projects must be in place at the fairgrounds by 8am on Saturday, July 15. Delivery can take place between Friday at 8am and Saturday at 8am.
- Mandatory Livestock Exhibitor Meeting - this includes Pet Rabbits that are staying in the barn; 8:45 in the bleachers of the Burke Building on Saturday morning.
- Read the fair book for details about show times and market animal weigh-ins/pictures. http://www.fcfair.org/junior-fair-premium-book/
- Animals may not be removed from the fairgrounds until 11:00 p.m on the last Saturday of the fair.
- Your help cleaning up trash around the Burke Building and Horse and Cattle Barns would be greatly appreciated throughout the week.
Pork Dinner Tickets
Includes: Pork Loin, Texas Roadhouse Rolls/Cinnamon Butter,
Choice of 2 Sides, Dessert, and a Drink
FRIDAY, JULY 21, 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Jr. Fair Activities Tent
Pre-sale tickets sold through July 20, in the pop stand during the fair.
Ticket packs of 20 or more - $5.00/Dinner • Single Tickets - $6.00/Dinner
Tickets on July 22 - $8.00/dinner
This is a great meal for a great cause!
It’s an awesome end of the fair opportunity for your club to
get together for a meal and fellowship! Invite 4-H Alumni to attend!
2017 4-H Campers – Come with your family for dinner and stick
around to show off your dance moves at the 7:30pm dance
sponsored by the Teen Leaders Council.
Funds raised support camp scholarships,
county 4-H awards, leadership opportunities for youth,
and training for volunteers. Invite your friends!
- It can be HOT at the fair and patience can sometimes grow thin.
- Please "put on" an extra measure of patience and keep things positive while you are there.
- You may not realize the number of volunteers and hours of time and energy that go into making the fair a great experience for all.
- Parents can help demonstrate GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP to their children and others around them.
- Please help our 4-H members learn that life can throw curve balls but it's how we deal with the situation that truly shows a person's character.
OSU Extension, Franklin
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.