Edgewood's Tiger Talk
September 1, 2016--1st Day Update
Building class community with identify webs
Brainstorms the jobs they'll need in their class
Learns classroom expectations and listens to a story
This morning at the Boo Hoo Breakfast, a parent who's sent 4 kids to Edgewood said that sending her kids to school here was like sending them to stay with family. This is how we want all of our families to feel. When schools and parents work together, we can do great things for our kids. Another parent this morning asked, how can I best get involved? Here are a few ideas:
- Come to an EHSA Meeting. The first one is 9/13 at 6:30 in the media center.
- Volunteer for an event...a dance, a breakfast, a run--you don't need to come to meetings to do this.
- Ask your child's teacher if they could use a volunteer; some parents stuff Thursday folders, others help with bulletin boards, others come in for a career day.
- Ask questions--for example, "How can I help my child with his homework?"
- Share your concerns
- Come to Coffee with the Principal! (See below)
I look forward to working with you and your child this year. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time. My email is email@example.com.
Has their first morning meeting
4th Grade Bus Buddies
They're ready to make sure our PM K4 students get home safely!
Students learn the expectations of "giving 5"--a signal used throughout the building