Your Weekly Update from Bennett-Hemenway Elementary School
This week I have been pushing into our classrooms to read aloud Saturday at the Food Pantry by Diane O'Neil. It is a charming story about a little girl named Molly and her mom that make a trip to the local food pantry after her mom loses her job. The theme of the story is "Everybody needs help sometimes." It is a great opportunity for us to talk about ways that we need help and how we are all helpers too.
Your students have done a fabulous job getting back into the routine of school. Thank you for helping to support this transition by getting them here on time with everything they need to be successful.
5 Things You Should Know
1 - Curriculum Night is Thursday, September 22nd!
Save the date! Thursday, September 22nd is Curriculum Night, an opportunity for you to meet your child's teacher(s), see their classroom, and hear a brief overview of the curriculum. The event will run form 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Please note, this is an adult only event and no childcare is provided. Here is the schedule for the night.
2 - Picture Day
Picture day is coming! Ben Hem is hosting picture day on Thursday, September 22. Forms have already been sent home via backpacks. Coffee Pond is returning and does a nice job capturing our students. Please complete these forms online or send in the paper forms before 9/22/22.
3 - Dismissal
Ben Hem offers multiple ways to release students at the end of the school day. It is important that any changes to a student's dismissal be entered into PickUp Patrol prior to 1:15 pm. Please note: We are unable to change plans once dismissal has begun.
- Walkers: Walkers are students that are dismissed to parents on foot on the East Evergreen Street side of the building.
- Live Car Pick Up: Students are dismissed to the live car cue and parents are directed to drive around the building where students are loaded into their car. All cars in live car pickup need to have a sign displaying the last name of the student being picked up. This sign helps staff that are calling the cars and loading the children to ensure a safe transition.
If you need to dismiss you student early from school, please plan to pick them up by 2:15 pm to avoid the dismissal process.
4 -Fire Drill
This Friday we hosted a fire drill. This is a chance for us to practice how to evacuate the building safely. Our Bobcats did an amazing job practicing how to be safe leaving the building. Out Natick Firefighters were on campus to support our practice.
5. -Yearly Forms in PowerSchool
We are waiting for 130 forms to be completed in PowerSchool for our students. This information is what we use to contact parents and caregivers throughout the school year. Please take the time to log into PowerSchool and complete your forms if you have not yet done so.
BOKS is a physical activity program at Ben Hem that will run every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday morning 7:25am to 8:05 am. This program runs a fall and spring semester. BOKS helps children understand the benefits of exercise and prepares them for a day of learning. This program is focused on fun, providing opportunities for team-oriented games and play. Read the full program description and complete this registration form if you are interested in participating. Completed forms can be returned to school with your student in the home school folder.
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5
(508) 647-6580 | Absences: Use Pickup Patrol