Miss Sears' Class News
November 4th - November 8th
REPORT CARDS WENT HOME FRIDAY, NOV. 1ST! ***PLEASE SIGN THE ENVELOPE AND RETURN ON MONDAY**
Picture Day for individual student pictures is next Thursday, November 7th. Fliers went home in Tuesday folders. Parents can order photos online, on the LIfetouch website, or by returning the order form on picture day.
BOOK FAIR PREVIEW NEXT WEEK
Next Thursday afternoon, our class will have time to preview the books at the school book fair. Students will have the opportunity to purchase books the following week.
Native American Research
The Jumano experts work together to gather information about their tribe.
The Karankawa experts use the space in the library to research together.
The Caddo experts research important information about their Native American tribe.
Collaborating with Mrs. Kixmiller's Class in the Learning Lounge
WEEKLY CURRICULUM UPDATE NOV. 4 - 8
- Math- Finish Topic 5 and take an assessment for a major grade. Begin Topic 6--Multiplying 1 digit x 2 digit numbers and 1 digit x 3 digit numbers.
**Students need to be studying their multiplication facts at home**
- Writing- Students practice writing interesting leads and begin pre-writing for a narrative story.
- Reading- Summarization-students will practice summarizing fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Science- Heat Energy
- Social Studies-Students will work on a presentation with their Texas Tribe Group for a major grade. They will also be responsible for an independent writing assignment using their research for a major grade.
- Tuesday: Math Topic 5 Assessment
- Wednesday: 6's Multiplication Quiz
- Friday: Spelling Test