What Causes Ocean Currents?
By: Cynthia Munoz
3 BIG Ideas I have learned.
- Ocean currents can be generated by wind
- There are two distinct current systems in the ocean—surface circulation, which stirs a relatively thin upper layer of the sea, and deep circulation, which sweeps along the deep-sea floor.
- Their patterns are determined by wind direction
2 Questions I still have
- How do currents affect sailing ships?
- Do ocean currents affect the sea life?
1 way the article affects our daily lives.
The ocean currents depend on the heat and wind and all that daily.