Confucianism & Taoism
Confucianism and Taoism similarities.
- Confucianism and Taoism is that their holy Holiday that they celebrate are the same like the Chinese new pear and ancestor day.
- They both originate in China and both speak the language Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Confucianism and Taoism they both follow other oriental religions. Taoism especially follows Confucianism and Confucianism follows Taoism
Confucianism and Taoism differences.
- Taoism goals of religion is to be with nature and Confucianism is to have a structured society.
- Taoism believes that their soul lives in the after live and Confucianism believes that they are going to be worshiped by their descendants of their family.
- Confucianism believes in one god and Taoism believe in many gods.
Government founded on Confucian principles looks like.
- A government founded on Confucian principles looks like a harmonious.
How would a Chinese family be influenced by Confucian teaching?
- The family being more loving and more respectful to each other and peaceful.
- Confucian also believe in filial piety.
- The five relationship of filial piety like father and son, elder, and young, husband, and wife, older and younger, and ruler to subject it. The filial piety is just to respect everyone.
Are Taoist principles relevant to the issues of everyday life today?
- Taoist principles are still relevant to the issues of everyday life today. The principle of yin-yang and also to be with nature and the golden rule.
How do the individual principles/ maxims of each philosophy connect to each other to form an entire religion/ way of thinking?
- They do connect to each other by sharing great wisdom to help others reach Harmony.