Gallatin High Update
Week of September 26-October 1, 2022
Golf State Send Off
For those of you new to GHS, whenever an athletic team, music group or club activity leaves for a state tournament or competition, we have a school wide send off in the Commons. These are typically a quick celebration in which we introduce students and send them to their competition with the full support of the school behind them.
Senior Day Recognitions at the soccer games last Saturday.
The Week Ahead
Monday, September 26
- PIR day for teachers, no school for students
- School Board meeting, 5:45 p.m.
Tuesday, September 27
- Senior seminar and graduation information - 1st and 2nd periods in the auditorium
- Crosstown volleyball at BHS, 7pm
Wednesday, September 28
Thursday, September 29
- State Golf in Helena
- Girls Soccer vs. Skyview, 3pm
- Boys Soccer vs. Skyview, 5pm
Friday, September 30
- State Golf in Helena
- Meadowlark Fun Run on GHS track, all day
- Cross Country at Butte Invitational
- Football vs. CMR, 7pm
Saturday, October 1
- Volleyball AA invitational at Great Falls
Next Week is Homecoming!
- Monday - Safari dress up theme
- Tuesday - Bikers vs. Surfers
- Wednesday - Adam Sandler
- Thursday - Class Color Day - 9th-yellow, 10th-purple, 11th-orange, 12th-pink, staff-black
- Friday - Blue and Black Day!
- Pep assembly schedule on Friday (schedule to come next week)
- Tailgate (5pm) and football game (7pm) on Friday
- Dance (8-11pm) on Saturday
Other Upcoming Dates
- School Pictures - Retakes are October 28th
- Thanksgiving Break – November 23-25
- Winter Break – December 17, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- Finals Week - January
- Spring Break – March 13-17
- Prom – Saturday, April 15
- Graduation – Saturday, June 3, 10:00 a.m.
Guest Speakers enrich GHS student learning
A mayor from Ukraine describes his experiences with the Russian invasion.
Advanced Culinary students learn about running a food truck business from GHS parent, Melissa Shepherd, who owns the Tiki Shave Ice truck.
BioMed students hear from a BioMed grad about working as a surgical tech for Bozeman Health.
PACIf you are interested in joining the PAC and staying up to date on Gallatin parent news, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can join the GHS Booster Club and support Raptor athletics and activities by clicking here.
Do you have some time each week to spend supporting our students and making our halls a welcoming place? Please consider becoming a Project Connect volunteer by signing up here.
Mr. Watkins' GeoPhysical Science students pre-reading about atomic structures.
Mr. Aytes World Geography students working on population statistic comparisons.
BioMed students learning about being a surgical tech.
The GHS Custodial Crew Needs Our Help
Students-please help us keep the Student Section clean after games as well! Thanks for your help!
Ms. Porter's English I students playing a memory game with their literary terms
Safety Tips - Parenting to Prevent Child Alcohol Abuse
More information can be found here.