Band Notes 🎵⚓️
Mr. Brunger is honored to be the Director of this tremendous ensemble and is looking forward to keep and build the traditions this Band and community have had over the years. One thing that is asked is that we get parents involved in the Band Aids as much as we can! The Band program has 2 parts. The students and their support group. We need as much involvement from the parents as possible to make sure we are all successful. What can the parents do? Volunteer! We will need volunteers for concession stand and more! Please go to THIS link and see what you can do to support your children! And as always.......GO BAND!
Amazing Student Opportunity!
Upcoming events! (Check the calendar on the website for specific details)
- 7.15 Student Leadership Meeting 10:30am (meet in the Band Room)
- 7.19 Sectionals 1pm
- 7.20 Rookie Visual Training 8:30am; Sectionals 1pm
- 7.21 Rookie Visual Training 8:30am; Sectionals 1pm
- 7.22 Rookie Visual Training 8:30am; Sectionals 1pm
- 8.2 Marching Band Rehearsal 8:30am-8:30pm
- 8.3 Marching Band Rehearsal 8:30am-8:30pm
- 8.4 Marching Band Rehearsal 8:30am-8:30pm
- 8.5 Marching Band Rehearsal 8:30am-8:30pm
- 8.6 Marching Band Rehearsal 8:30am-8:30pm
More to come!
Preparing for summer rehearsals
Again, here is a list to review:
- Wake up early enough to EAT BREAKFAST
- Make sure to wear light, loose clothing along with a hat and sunglasses so you are protected from the sun and you are keeping cool as possible.
- You are going to sweat so you need to stay hydrated so BRING A WATER JUG.
- Wear and bring SUNSCREEN
- Bring ALL of your music (in a binder would be best)
- Bring your instrument and make sure it is ready to play PROPERLY (no stuck valves or crunchy slides or leaky pads!)
- Bring a pencil and a highlighter!
- When we are working on visuals, it is wise to have your dot book, pencil, and highlighter with you on the field. A hip pack, or a nail bag from Home Depot would be wise to wear when you are on the field. Look and see how the Drum Corps do it!
Proper shoes are important!
Anchor of the Week!
Click on the Emergency Medical Form button below and bring it completed to sectionals!
A message from The Avon Lake Band Aid President
My name is Maribeth Baker, and I am the President of the Avon Lake Band Aids, Inc. We have meetings every 3rd Wednesday of the month starting August 15. Everyone is welcome! Stay tuned for any updates here! There is a link below to sign up for volunteering and helping with the marching band for away and home games! If you have any questions or concerns here is my email: Mrsbaker423@gmail.com