Lakeview Staff Newsletter - January 24
1 Baby + 1 Baby - 1 Appendix + (1 Heart + 1 Kidney) = ??
Therefore, here is my culture goal:
I will cut the "empowerment" gap in half or better (from a score of -19 to a score of -9) so that staff at Lakeview feels closer to the same empowerment level as the whole district.
In order to do this, I will take these steps as part 1 of my action plan:
• Round will all Lakeview staff by March 13th using 5 questions that will take no more than 10 minutes per person. I may come to you before school, during prep time, or after school. The questions will ask about providing input on decisions, what decisions seem unclear, if you have the resources you need to do your job, and who has been especially helpful to you.
• When I am finished rounding, I will analyze the answers and publish the trends that I have gathered from the rounding process and what next steps can be taken together.
Mon, Jan 27 - Rockstar day
Tues, Jan 28 - Mismatched clothes and/or crazy hair day
Wed, Jan 29 - Hat day
Thurs, Jan 30 - Sports/Team apparel day - Rocket football jerseys for all staff
Mon, Feb 3 - Pajama day
Mon, Jan 27 - PALS window closes
Tues, Jan 28 - MAPS window officially closes
Wed, Jan 29:
• Staff Meeting (math) 7:15-8:15 in the library
• Chris, Jaime, and Kasia to TSS event in Pewaukee
• Sunshine Appetizer Lunch
Fri, Jan 31 - PD Day - no students - link to schedule
Tues, Feb 4 - Mentoring session 4:00-5:15
Wed, Feb 5 - Music demos for 4th & 5th grades 1:00-1:30
Fri, Feb 7:
• Author Tanya Lee Stone visits - 10:45 assembly for grades 3-5 in library
• Literacy Night at the HS from 5:00-7:30
School Supply Lists for 2020-2021. Because I want you to have input on matters that impact your work, as we plan for our second year of using a common school supply list for all four elementary schools, I need to know if there are things on your list that need tweaking. The only comment I've heard this year is that 4th grade requests 5 folders instead of 4. If you have other requests like this, please discuss with your team and email me by January 31. If it doesn't make it into the final published list, we can purchase from building funds if it is truly a need.
Amplify Supplies - Remember that in each unit, there are "Teacher Supplied" consumable items (i.e., tape, celery). As we fine tune our Amplify ordering, check with in the office for non-perishables such as tape. If it is a time-sensitive perishable item such as celery, Kelly Cushion will order if you are specific with quantities and provide at least 3-days lead time ("I will need a 5-lb bag of flour on Thursday, Jan 30"). Remember: no teacher reimbursements at Lakeview, please.
Personal Day Blackouts - here is a link to blackout days for elementary personal days.