The Phoenix Post
Aspire K-12 Updates | Week Ending December 9th, 2022
In this Edition...
- Principal's Corner🍎
- This week @ the Innovation Center... 🏢
- Spring State Testing ⚠️
- Upcoming Events🤩
- Important Dates📅
- K-12 Reminders ✔️
- Student Progress
- School Pictures
- MyHours Attendance
- Device & Material Pick-Up
- K-6 Updates📘
- 7th & 8th Grade Updates 😎
- 9th-12th Grade News🖥️
- What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
- PLC Friday's 🔥
- Curriculum Adoption 📖
- Aspire on F.I.R.E. 🔥
Principal's Corner 🍎
Greetings Aspire Families,
We have one week left of this semester. We encourage all Aspire scholars to:
Focus on schoolwork
Innovate on assignments to achieve your best
Respect peer and teachers
Empower put forth best effort
Aspire scholars are always on F.I.R.E. !
Grades Students in grades 7-12 can check with their teacher and Canvas courses to find out dates and details for final grades and assessments. All K-12 students can find information in their Canvas courses for any upcoming examinations or district interims.
Tax Credit Donation: Please consider making your school tax credit donation to Aspire. Funds will be used to support and help grow our clubs, speakers, and field trips. See flyer below or call Aspire for details.
Yearbooks are on sale now! Early Bird price is $20 through December 31 and $22 on January 1st. Details are below. Senior Pictures: Information on Senior photos will be provided after Winter Break
As always, if you questions or concerns, please contact your administrator, Juliet Amara 7-12 and Laura Victor K-6 @ Aspire@dvusd.org .
Spring State Testing ⚠️
We are beginning to plan for State Testing that will take place in the Spring!
Please see the Testing Schedule Below!
Click for additional testing information:
Remember that attendance is required, which is why we are attempting to share dates early to give families time to plan.
If you have any questions regarding state testing, please email email@example.com.
This week @ the Innovation Center... 🏢
Hour of Code!
Aspire students participated in Hour of Code for Computer Science Education Week!
USAA volunteers visited students at the Innovation Center and shared how important math is to their careers in engineers & coding! Aspire participated in Coding activities, participating with school around the nation, world, and even outer space! Astronauts sent messages from the Space Station on how much they depend on coding!
Spirit Week - Dec 12th-16th
Order your 22-23 Yearbook! ❤️🧡💛
Early Bird pricing now through December 31st, 2022!
- Upgraded covered and other options available for additional fee
- Starting 1/1/23 - prices will increase!
- Want to send a shoutout to your Senior?? Senior ads are available for purchase through March 31st!
- Click the button below and enter the Yearbook ID: 14473123
Aspire T-Shirts For Sale 👕
*Students in grades K-8 who are unable to demonstrate success (as determined by assessments and/or submitted coursework) are required to attend the synchronous instruction. This is a great way to support student academic growth. *
Device & Q3 Materials Pick-Up
Device Pick-Up Hours:
Monday - Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM
If you have any questions or need to make other arrangements for picking up devices/materials, please contact us at Aspire@dvusd.org. We are here to help!
Dr. Victor's Dreambox DoorDash! 🥪
Dr. Victor delivered two Dreambox DoorDash lunches this week!
Want lunch delivered to your home by Dr. Victor?!
All you have to do is play DreamBox and Amplify/No Red Ink!
This is for any K-8 fulltime Aspire Student!
How it works:
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for every 5 DreamBox lessons that they complete each week up to 2 entries (for 10+ lessons).
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for completing 40 minutes of Amplify (K-5)/NoRedInk (6-8).
- Drawings will be held once at the end of the month.
- The student whose name is drawn will get to pick what they would like Dr. Victor to bring them for lunch. This will be coordinated with their parent/guardian.
We can't wait to celebrate students and their hard work!
Reach out to your classroom teacher if you have questions!
Birthday Shout-outs! 🎂 📢
Aspire is excited to offer different clubs to promote student social interaction and interests!
- Science Club from 1:15-2:00pm on Mondays for K-3 grade students with Mrs. Link and Mrs. Bushbaum
- Book Club from 1:30-2:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 4-6 grades with Mrs. Gottlieb (In person or Virtual)
7th & 8th Grade Updates😎
- The end of the Quarter is quickly approaching! Please check with your teachers regarding the last day to turn in assignments!
- Students with D's and F's should be meeting with their Teachers during MTSS time in the afternoon. (Zoom on Monday & Wednesday | Innovation Center on Tuesday & Thursday)
- Save the Date | Middle School Welcome Back Event
- January 5th @ 2-3:30PM @ the Innovation Center!
7th & 8th Grade Math | Required Zoom
- December 13th for the Mid-Year Growth Measure Assessment
- All 7th and 8th grade Math students are required to attend during their regularly scheduled Zoom Math time
Please reach out to Malissa.Utter@dvusd.org with any questions!
9th-12th Grade News 🖥️
9th-12th Grade High School Students/Families
The end of the semester is approaching!
Please read through the following information carefully so you are aware of our final due dates and procedures for the end of the semester!
- LAST DAY to Submit Assignments!
- The LAST DAY for 9th-12th grade students to submit assignments is December 13th @ 11:59PM. There will be no exceptions!
- Course "End" Tests
- In all 9th-12th grade courses, students will have a Course "End" Test that they will complete. This might be in the form of an assessment or a submission of a project/assignment. Students must complete/submit the Course "End" Test within the time frame. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Course "End" Test opens: Wednesday, December 14th
- Course "End" Test closes: Thursday, December 15th @ 11:59PM
- Canvas Courses CLOSE
- 9th-12th Grade Canvas Courses will CLOSE on Thursday, December 15th @ 11:59PM. This means that they will disappear from students' homepages and students/families will no longer be able to access the course(s).
9th-12th FINAL GRADES will be posted to PowerSchools on Friday, December 16th by Noon!
- Please review your students' grade periodically as we approach these end dates. If you have any questions about a particular grade, please reach out to your student's teacher.
Attention Seniors! 🎓
Graduation is right around the corner! It is time to prepare for your big day by purchasing your cap, gown, and memorabilia as the Class of '23!
Act now to take advantage of limited time offers!!
Learning Lab 🖥️
As the semester winds down, the Learning Lab is the perfect place to come and finish up assignments, meet with your teachers for any list minute questions, and prepare for the end of our courses!
The Learning Lab will close for the semester after December 9th!
- Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
- Time: 2 PM-6 PM
- Location: Innovation Center
The Learning Lab will always be staffed by at least two full-time online teachers. To schedule a time to meet with a specific teacher for support, please reach out to them in Canvas!
Click here to view the calendar with Learning Lab availability for the semester!
In-Person District Assessments 📝
For 22-23 School Year, some district assessments are required to be completed in-person by Aspire students. Click here for more information regarding District Assessments.
Upcoming Required In-Person Assessments:
If your child is enrolled in one of the above courses,
communication regarding these assessments has been sent out.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
PTSA: Parent Teacher Student Association
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Silent Auction during Jingle Mingle!
PTSA is over 30 members strong and growing! Consider joining and being part of this amazing group! Use the QR Code to join! Individual Membership $6 Business Membership $25
PTSA is planning fun events! If you are interested in meeting other parents and helping coordinate these opportunities, please email Aspire@dvusd.org and a PTSA parent will contact you.
Next meeting: Wednesday, January 25th at 5:00pm
Zoom link: Aspire PTSA https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/89986530774 .
Curriculum Adoption 📖
Music K-12 Adoption Materials Now Available for Public Review
Deer Valley Unified School District (DVUSD) is currently in the process of reviewing materials for a Music Curriculum Materials Adoption for grades K-12. The curriculum adoption team has selected three potential resources for our K-12 Music students and teachers. Materials are now available for public review and will remain available until January 2, 2023.
Please visit the K-12 Music Curriculum Materials Adoption page for additional information and to provide feedback. We look forward to hearing from our community!
Social Studies Adoption - Open for Public Review! November 4th - January 2nd, 2023
The K-12 Social Studies Resource Adoption Public Review is now available for all stakeholders to assist in reviewing materials that have been selected by our district committee members for possible adoption. Public review will be open from November 4th - January 2nd, 2023.
We look forward to hearing from our community!