Cuthbertson Middle Staff News
- Congratulations to Michael Laney. He and his wife, Vanessa are expecting their second baby, due Oct. 27th.
- Congratulations are extended to Jeff Hanson. Jeff and his wife, Jen, are expecting their first child September 24th.
- Congratulations, also, to Daniel Cox. He and his wife, , are expecting their second baby in September.
- Jennifer Marryat- April 4th
- Leslie Rosenthal- April 7th
- Delon Ferdinand- April 8th
- Rebekah Rainey- April 9th
- Paul Greenleaf- April 9th
- Stephanie Ellis- April 18th
- Dave Patterson- April 21st
Pork Carnitas and Fiesta Plantain Nachos from Jodi Bradford
Fiesta Plantain Nachos
two servings slow cooker pork carnitas
two yellow plantains (medium ripe)
sea salt and chili powder to taste
garlic tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
Peel and slice your plantains. In a skillet over medium high heat, heat enough coconut oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Place the plantain slices in the hot oil, season with chili powder, and cook on either side until brown and crispy but not burnt – about 2 minutes per side. Remove the plantains from the oil and set on a paper town to dry. Sprinkle fried plantains with sea salt. To serve, arrange the plantains on the plate, top with a scoop of carnitas, and add your garnishes – guacamole, salsa, onion, cilantro, etc.
For the Pork:
2.5 lbs pork butt roast
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 yellow onion
1 can diced green chiles
chili powder, roasted cumin, and garlic salt to taste
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the Pork:
Chop your onion and garlic and toss in the bottom of the crock pot. Place pork roast on top of the onion and garlic and cover liberally with your chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Sprinkle the apple cider vinegar over the top, dump in the can of green chiles, and cover. Cook that sucker on low for 12 hours.
In the morning, if you've resisted temptation and still have your beautiful, luscious roast in one piece, pull the pork apart with two forks and stir everything to combine the flavors.
Meditation for Stress Relief
Island Sun Fitness Bootcamp
At Waxhaw Flyers, by City Tavern in downtown Waxhaw
Tuesday/Thursday 730-830pm, Saturday 900-1000am
Jay Stogner 704.579.0892 or Jaystogner@hotmail.com