Central Park East II
CPE II Notes January 8, 2018
Fechas importantes en Espanol abajo
The weather is still COLD - El clima todavía está FRÍO
Please make sure you children are dressed for the weather. Send GLOVES or MITTENS. Please label everything.Por favor, asegúrese de que sus hijos estén vestidos para el clima. Enviar GUANTES o MITTENS. Por favor etiqueta todo.
Important Dates - An * means more information is in this newsletter
- Tuesday, January 9th, Elementary School Tour for prospective families*
- Wednesday, January 10th, Health and Wellness Committee meeting 8:30AM*
- Monday, January 15 - Dr. M L King, Jr Day - School Closed
- Wednesday, January 17 - PA meeting 6PM
- Friday, January 26 -
- Friday, January 26 - Early Dismissal for Staff PD
- Friday, February 2 - CPE II 4th Grade Chorus - 1:45pm
- Friday, February 2, I Heart Community Event Evening - Stay Tuned for Information
- February 7th & 8th - Family Conferences Middle AND Elementary School
- Tuesday, February 13 - 15 5th grade Camping Trip
- Friday, February 16 - Sunday, February 25th Mid Winter Break - No School
- Monday, March 5th - Wednesday, March 7th - 6th Grade Camping Trip
- Wednesday, March 14th - Friday, March 16th - 4th Grade Camping Trip
- March 21 & 22 — Elementary School Picture Days
- March 28 — Middle School Picture Day
- Friday, March 30th - Sunday, April 8th - Spring Break
- Weds. - Thurs., April 11th - April 12th New York State English Language Arts (ELA)Test for grades 3 - 8
- Tues., May 1 - Weds., May 2 New York State Mathematics Test for grades 3 - 8
- Friday, May 11th Early Dismissal for Staff PD
- May 23 – June 1st Grades 4 and 8 Science performance test to be administered.
- Monday, June 4th Grades 4 and 8 New York State Science Written section
Health and Wellness Meeting this Wednesday
I Heart Community Event - February 2, 2018
Spring Fair (April 28, 2018)
Restarting the Health and Wellness blog
Additional upcoming events
Running Club - New applications must be completed
Running Club starts this Tuesday, January 9th.
All students in grades 3-5 who are interested in participating will have to complete a new registration form for this winter season. Email Rob at Robert@cpe2.org to make sure your child gets an application. Registration forms for the winter season will be put in your child's purple folder Monday, January 8th.
Please note the new days for the winter season. The winter season will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:45pm - 4:30pm from January 9th- March 8th.
Please note, students not picked up at 4:30 (unless they are enrolled for after care) will be dropped from the program.
If you have any questions about the running club please email Rob at Robert@cpe2.org.
Pretty Impressive - Muy impresionante
Científicos de la escuela intermedia CPE II recogen la fecha para el Proyecto Billion Oyster en su ORS (Estación de Restauración Oyster). Estos son alumnos de 7º grado con algunos mentores de 8º grado. Primero, el especial de PBS sobre la BOP que presenta a nuestros jóvenes científicos en caso de que no lo haya visto.
These next few weeks present the perfect opportunity for some serious exploration and noodling on interesting questions that come up during the winter seasons. From KiwiCo
In New York City, the law requires that your landlord provide heat at the following levels from October 1 through May 31:
From 6 am to 10 pm: If the outside temperature falls below 55 degrees, the inside temperature must be at least 68 degrees everywhere in your apartment.
From 10 pm to 6 am: As of October 1, 2017, the inside temperature must be at least 62 degrees everywhere in your apartment regardless of the outside temperature.
CPE II contacts
*Yhane is the point person for help at the elementary school including changes in dismissal (Yhane@cpe2.org)
*Jai is the point person for help at the middle school including changes in dismissal (Jaison@cpe2.org)
Elementary School Phone: 212 860 5992 and press "0" at the prompt
Middle School Phone: 212 348 2023 and press "0" at the prompt
Please note that there is nobody in the Middle School office during lunch/recess, which is 11:40 to 12:30.
Calling all Box Tops!
Thank to all of you who have submitted since the November deadline. We are already racking up Box Tops for the spring submission!
Have some hanging around your house? Check something off of your list by sending in your Box Tops before the holidays. Simply FIND a Box Top, CLIP and SUBMIT via your child's purple folder. I will take care of the rest!
Any questions? Contact Kylie's mom, Missy Popp Lloyd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Shopping from Amazon so that CPE II gets 5+ %
To benefit CPE II when shopping from Amazon you MUST start at the special link. You can find it at CPE2.org. In the upper right hand corner, it says:
or start at https://www.amazon.com/?%5Fencoding=UTF8&tag=cpiipaas-20 or the link below.
Books and gift certificates always make great gifts. Mention CPE II to generate a percentage of you sale to our school at any time.
- Martes, 9 de enero, Visita a la escuela primaria para posibles familias *
- Miércoles, 10 de enero, reunión del Comité de Salud y Bienestar 8:30 AM*
- Lunes, 15 de enero - Dr. M L King, Jr Day - Escuela cerrada
- Miércoles, 17 de enero - Reunión de la AP a las 18:00
- Viernes, 26 de enero -
- Viernes, 26 de enero - Salida temprana
- Viernes, 2 de febrero - CPE II Coro de 4º Grado - 1:45 p. M.
- Viernes, 2 de febrero, I Noche de Evento de la Comunidad del Corazón - Estén atentos para obtener información
- 7 y 8 de febrero - Conferencias familiares Middle AND Elementary School
- Martes, 13 de febrero - 15 viaje de campamento de 5to grado
- Viernes, 16 de febrero - Domingo, 25 de febrero Vacaciones de medio invierno - No hay clases
- Lunes, 5 de marzo - Miércoles, 7 de marzo - Camping de 6to Grado
- Miércoles, 14 de marzo - Viernes, 16 de marzo - Camping de 4to Grado
- 21 y 22 de marzo: Días de Photos Pre K - 5
- 28 de marzo - Día de Photo Middle School
- Viernes, 30 de marzo - Domingo, 8 de abril - Vacaciones de primavera
- Miercoles - Jueves, 11 de abril - 12 de abril Examen del idioma inglés (ELA) grados 3 - 8
- Martes, 1 de mayo - Miercoles, 2 de mayo Examen de Matemáticas grados 3 - 8
- Viernes, 11 de mayo salida temprano
- 23 de mayo - 1 de junio Grados 4 y 8 Examen de rendimiento de ciencias para ser administrado.
- Lunes, 4 de junio Grados 4 y 8 Sección Escrita de Ciencia del Estado de Nueva York