New Tech Ideas
Tech Ideas....Pebble Go..Feedback for Mrs. Raindrop
Pebble Go (PreK-2)
Pebble GoNEXT (3-5)
I didn't forget about the upper grades. There is a PebbleGo next for grades 3-5. Those students can research different States, Science modules, American Indian History, and Social studies. Each one includes lesson ideas and activities that students can use on their ipads.
How to Check it Out?
Pebble Go- https://www.pebblego.com/
PebbleGo Next- www.pebblegonext.com
Black History Month Ideas...
Reading A-Z has books and activities for all ages that you can easily incorporate into your lesson plans. If you want some quick books to gather some information about notable African Americans, this a great resource.
- Maybe even have your students research an African American using the Pebble Go research tool to gather facts (while we have access), then have the students create a timeline of that person's life or experiences.
- Have students create their own(CAN-HAVE-ARE) graphic organizer about someone they choose.
- Research facts about the Civil Rights Movement and create a timeline based on the important events.
Students can add their own images!
Especially in the younger grades, allow them to write down their thoughts first---then incorporate the technology.
Students can work collaboratively!
A Famous Response..using Chatterpix
- Once students have researched their notable person, pose a question or current event. Have the students respond from that person's point of view.
- Students can then use the Chatterpix app to record their thoughts. (Again, practice on paper first to organize their thoughts.
- Have students think about an issue in their community or the world. Then have them provide ways that those issues could be solved.
- What are some ways that we can show love and peace towards the people that don't look or think like us?
- What would the world be like if he/she didn't contribute to society?
- Lower grades- Discuss different facts about their person and why they feel he/she is important.
- CNN Student News- 10 minute news show