Play, Learn, & Grow in 4K
Snow Pants, Boots, and Mittens...Oh My!!
When sending snow clothes to school:
- Please send a separate bag for snow pants and boots
- Please label EVERYTHING
- Please send your child with mittens they can put on without difficulty. Gloves can be very tricky for some children.
- Please practice putting on shoes. Children should be wearing shoes that they can take off and put on independently. If your child has shoes that tie, please be working with them at home to tie on their own. Slip-on shoes and velcro are best for kiddos who do not know how to tie yet. :)
- Please have your child practice putting on and taking off snow clothes. Turn it into a game, set a five-minute timer and see if they can get dressed in under five minutes! This includes snow pants, boots, jackets on and zipped, hats, and mittens.
Thank you for all your help!
Library Book Reminder
- Please have your child go to the bathroom before arriving to school, we are finding more and more students who come in and immediately need to go. We take 2 full group bathroom breaks, 1 after recess and 1 after snack, and a 3rd bathroom break for those who say they need to go towards the end of play centers before heading home.
- With cold and flu season upon us please reinforce good hygiene habits with your children including how to cough/sneeze into your elbow and how to blow and wipe your nose. We give these reminders daily in school and are staying on top of washing hands as much as possible, but making that connection between school and home always helps!
We have a new letter of the day about twice a week.The students first listen to the letter of the day song and are asked to come up with words that start with the letter of the day. We then have a group discussion about the letter and sound it makes and write down all the words we can come up with that begin with that letter before practicing writing the letter ourselves in our handwriting books. So far we have covered L, F, E, H, and T.