Ebola in Africa
10 facts about ebola
- Transmitted to humans from bats. They believe
- Introduced into the human population through the secretions , blood , or other bloody fluids of many diff infected animals.
- Other animals are monkeys , chimpanzees , gorillas , forest antelope and porcupine
- spread from west/central Africa
- a fever greater than 101.5
- muscles pain , severe headache , weakness , abdominal pain
- virus isolation by culture , antibody , capture enzyme -inked
- z mapp
Is it rich , poor , urban or rural?
What role does poverty play?
No education , money , or healthcare .
Is the disease curable?
How it's impacting Africa ?
28,635 people with the disease and 11,314 people who have died from it .
Is it a major or minor disease there ?
Major because it has effected a lot of people and families .
What can Africa do to limit this disease ?
Africa can get more people in school , more healthcare , and get better jobs to pay for healthcare .