Message from Dr. Curtis Wright, Superintendent
I hope you and your family are having a wonderful summer. As we enjoy the month of July, it's time to initiate the registration process for returning families. To make things easier for you, the district will continue to offer online registration for the upcoming 2023-24 school year. You can log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal account to begin registering your student(s) for the next academic year.
If you prefer to complete the returning student registration with the assistance of a staff member, you can swing by the RCS Administration Building (300 Hub Etchison Parkway, Richmond) Monday to Friday (8 a.m. - 2 p.m.).
Dr. Curtis Wright
UPDATED- Free Summer Meals
Reminder: Bus Expectations
- Students should arrive at the assigned bus stop at least ten (10) minutes before the scheduled bus stop time.
- Parents/Guardians should assure that students dress appropriately for the weather, rain gear for inclement conditions, proper footwear for walking to and from and waiting at the bus stop.
- The bus stop and the school bus are considered an extension of the classroom and students are expected to observe the same code of discipline expected in the school classroom.
- Students are not allowed to eat, drink or chew gum while on the school bus.
- Students are expected to abide by the school bus driver’s instructions while boarding the bus, on the bus and when departing the bus, at the bus stop or school location.
- Expect school bus delays the first weeks of school due to traffic congestion around school buildings, schools regulating dismissals, and students becoming familiar with their bus drivers.
- If you’re driving behind a bus, allow a greater following distance than if you were driving behind a car. It will give you more time to stop once the yellow lights start flashing.
- It is illegal to pass a school bus that is stopped to load or unload children.
- If the yellow or red lights are flashing and the stop arm is extended,
traffic must stop.
Don't let your child get left behind. Students who miss school, miss out.
· If your child frequently misses school during kindergarten and first grade, they are at risk for delayed reading.
· If your child frequently misses school during the formative elementary and middle school years, they become high risk for dropping out before graduation.
· In fact, good attendance is one of the best predictors—a predictor more accurate than the test scores—that your child will graduate from high school, pursue college and keep a job!
Kindergarten Boot Camp! Incoming RCS kindergarteners are invited to meet teachers, engage in activities, tour the school, and have fun! It's free! Space is limited. Reserve a spot by calling your child's school. Click here to get started.
RHS Marching Band Competition at Centerville
Saturday, Jul 15, 2023, 06:00 PM
Centerville Senior High School, Willow Grove Road, Centerville, IN, USA
RHS Marching Band Competition at Jay County
Friday, Jul 21, 2023, 06:00 PM
Jay County Fairgrounds, East Votaw Street, Portland, IN, USA
RHS Marching Band Competition at Winchester
Saturday, Jul 8, 2023, 07:00 AM
Winchester Community High School, North Union Street, Winchester, IN, USA
School Board Business Meeting
Wednesday, Jul 26, 2023, 05:30 PM
Richmond Community Schools, Hub Etchison Parkway, Richmond, IN, USA
In-Person Registration/Enrollment at RCS Schools (12 p.m.- 6 p.m.)
Thursday, Jul 27, 2023, 12:00 PM
In-Person Registration/Enrollment at all RCS Schools (8 a.m - 2 p.m.)
Friday, Jul 28, 2023, 08:00 AM
RHS Marching Band's ICE CREAM SOCIAL
Sunday, Jul 30, 2023, 07:00 PM
Richmond High School, Hub Etchison Parkway, Richmond, IN, USA
Indiana State Fair BAND DAY
Friday, Aug 4, 2023, 06:00 PM
Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center, East 38th Street, Indianapolis, IN, USA
JUKO is a summer day camp that gives kids the chance to have a fantastic summer full of fun activities! They include outdoor games, arts and crafts, Wellness Wednesdays, field trips, swimming, and so much more! Wellness Wednesday’s will include Fitness with a Firefighter, Zumba, Bike safety and more!
Highlights and Happenings
Summer Of Learning Conference
Thank you to the RCS eLearning Team made of Jeremy Hill, Joani Robinson, and Tim Arnold! They put in countless hours of planning and it paid off. The Summer of Learning Conference was a huge success.
Summer 2023 Projects
Richmond High School is having new flooring installed on the 1st and 2nd floors. The Bell Tower's progress is coming along nicely. Some schools are also getting some much-needed HVAC upgrades. A huge thank you to our custodial and maintenance crews for all their hard work this summer!
Meridian Health Clinic at Richmond High School
Meridian Health Services and RCS have partnered together to bring medical care to RCS students, employees, and their families. Beginning this fall, the Meridian School Clinic will be available at RHS Door #38 by appointment only. Their hours will be 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
RCS is seeking to fill a few staff openings for next school year. This would be a great opportunity for those looking to be on the same schedule as their children. https://app.hirenimble.com/jobs/RichmondCommunitySchools?internal=dHJ1ZQ%3D%3D